• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hi! I'm Jennifer and I'm just joining the community today. I'll be starting the Home Study Course in just a few weeks. I was diagnosed with HSV-1 in the genital region not too long ago and have learned a whole heck of a lot.

Daily I take 500mg of acyclovir. I also take a whole mix of multi-vitamins including: women's multi-vitamin, vit b, vit c, vit d, garlic, fish oil, lysine + zinc.

So, you know how bees are really amazing? I don't know if any of you are into raw ingredients or eating raw, but I try to. Over the past few years I've been reading a lot about bees and using raw honey as a healing agent at random. Raw honey has healed even the toughest wounds for me. It's also one of the reasons the world tells you to put it in your tea when you're sick. It MUST be RAW honey. It cannot be that honey care bear crap that you buy from just a regular supermarket. Anything that is in the shape of a bear, forget it. It has to say RAW. Anything from Whole Foods, Trader Joes or a local farm should have it.

Anyway, I've used raw honey down there and it has worked wonders for me. But recently I found this MediHoney -- http://www.dermasciences.com/products/advanced-wound-care/medihoney/inside-the-u-s/. Do some research on it and see what you can find -- lots of doctors are freaking out about how great this is (not only eastern med doctors).

This has been amazing. I've used this as a spot treatment and it has worked wonders. Toss a lil gauze over it to keep it dry and on the wound. I take advil for the pain. It burns a bit but goes away and lessens the external infection quickly.

Anyway, so that's my life. This is me! Hi. I'm here! :)

Hey Jennifer I am Megan ! Or most people on here know me as victoria ! (:

It's nice to meet you. I have heard about honey helping, I just thought it would be extremely weird to put it down there on my genital region.

I was diagnosed with HSV-2 not to long ago also, actually just a few weeks before my birthday. (:

Nice to meet you again !

jeniviere

Glad to meet you!

Yes - like you said, Raw Honey is a wonderful thing and I could see that it might be useful to try for healing wounds. Your link looks interesting... certainly another option worth checking out. Everybody's body seems to respond to different things so the more options we have, the better :)

Glad you are doing the Home Study course. I think it's going to be really amazing :)

(((HUGS)))

@victoriaxxx I know! I call it "sugar bum" just to be silly. Not weird at all. Give it a go! Do you take daily vitamins? Nice to meet you!

@WCSDancer2010 Nice to meet you as well! Everybody's body does work differently. What do you use as preventative measures and spot treatments? Do you take vitamins?

Jeniviere..

I'm a massage therapist and a minimalist when it comes to everything ... including vitamins. I believe in setting up my life to where I don't need supplements EXCEPT when I get sick...with the idea that I run my life so I DON'T get sick because my body is at maximum health. And ya know what, it works for me... I very very rarely get a cold, and when I do, THEN I supplement the crap outta my body with whatever feels right... usually a heavily laden Probiotic drink I can get locally (Ronnybrook Mango drinkable yogurt... cultures so "live" it almost walks out of the bottle! Yum!!!!), a Mushroom based immune booster (I prefer Life Chapter), a Honey based product called Broncolin if the throat is raw, Netti Pot if the sinuses are involved, and Ammonium Alum directly on the sores if it feels like an OB is coming on with one or two does of Acyclovir to hit it from the inside. (Lysine never seemed to do much for me and I hated the horse-pill size)

I'm 52 and a RARELY get sick - colds don't get full hold on me (if I get it immediately I might have 2-3 days of feeling cruddy and a few more for draining out). My one weak spot at the moment are my sinuses...in the last 2 years I have had to give in and go on antibiotics to get rid of an infection maybe 3 times... but I hit up the probiotics as soon as it clears and my body gets right back on track. Last flu was at least 10 years ago and I don't get the shot.

Oh yeah she is awesome. (: I look up to her sooo much !!

I haven't really found any vitamins.. Though I do use Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut oil for everything. && I use them for my outbreaks also. Coconut oil has Antiviral properties in it which help keep the Herpes at bay. (: It also make them feel a lot better.

&& I also am on suppressive therapy for my boyfriend. I take aciclovyr twice a day..

Alright, that's it. I'm starting my own line of medicinal products for men with herpes. We don't want to smell "purdy." We want to smell manly.

I shall call my line something like Manpe's or Himpes. I'm mixing that stuff with motor oil, essence of oak, barbecue sauce, sea spray, bacon grease, whatever I can get my hands on. It's bad enough I have to walk around feeling feminine because I have a virus with the title "her" in it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to walk around smelling like something out of a Victoria Secrets catalog for the rest of my life. I'm drawing a line here that shall not be crossed and I'm doing it in the name of all the other men on here! Now, where's JustSmile because I need my kilt and my make-up!