• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

CRAP! I missed a valtrex pill. What do I do?

Okay, so as I am taking my birth control this morning, I noticed I didn't take my pill yesterday. (Long morning, I was late to work, hence I forgot.) A wave of panic came over me, because this means I didn't take my valtrex either since I take them at the same time. Can I double up on my valtrex today? Is missing one pill going to make me breakout? Should I take my missed pill today?

Oh, you are so screwed. You should have followed the directions more carefully. Right there in the fine print on the bottle it says that if you miss a dose you might develop hairy palms, a tail, a love of bananas, and a third eye. I'm so sorry you're going to have to go through that. But, look at the bright side. You'll be able to climb tall trees and your impeccable vision will make it possible for you to spot far off objects for the rest of the mutant colony.

Take a breath. You'll be fine. I promise. Again, you have HSV1 genitally. Missing a dose isn't going to cause a Freddy Kreuger incident (BTW, that's what I call mine now). Don't double up; there's no need. Just get back on your suppressive therapy as normal.

I'm willing to bet my baseball card collection you'll be just fine. You're not going to break out after missing just one pill, or even two. Like I said before, I really don't think your body needs you to be on supressive therapy based on your other posts and the fact that it's HSV1.

If you're really, really, super duper concerned, take your pill this morning as normal, take another one tonight. Make sure you don't exceed max dosage as prescribed on the bottle. Then, go buy a lotto ticket because your odds of winning are about the same as you having a breakout over this missed pill. But, if you do win know that I'd like a monkey. Work's kicking my butt right now and I could use an assistant that's willing to throw feces at my editors.

Okay, I may do that just to be on the safe side. I am a worrier. Always have been, before and after H. I just have a job interview in about an hour and so I wanted to have a clear head before I went and couldn't think about anything but missing my pill. If I do win the lottery, I would give everyone on here a chunk of my winnings, maybe take us all on a trip, in fact, I would donate a BIG BIG chunk of it to research for the herp.

Go get 'em! Good luck! You're going to do awesome! The job is yours. You're going to walk into that room strong, tall, and confident. Not a damn thing is going to stop you from convincing those interviewers from giving you the job. Not hell. Not high water. Nothing! You're not going to take no for an answer. TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Now, get the heck off this forum and focus on the interview!

Well, this is my follow up interview. Supposedly, they told my recruiter that as long as I didn't do anything stupid today they would likely make me an offer! So fingers crossed please, because this girl really wants cable and internet at her apartment. And with this job, I could afford it finally. :)) @herry, than you for the encouragement. I am ready!

What about the shedding though and missing pills, do you know if that affects it much if you miss a pill, shedding wise?

Hun I had my car breakdown (those things need oil regularly I am told) and had to go a week without a vehicle...guss who left their valtrex in their car and couldn't take pills during the most stressful week of her life? THIS GIRL :D I was fine (might have had an ob...odd little bump that just hung out for a few days) because of the stress and my possible ob I just didn't have sexy fun times of the naked kind with my bf...but there's surprisingly A LOT you can do with pants on

HAHAHA @ WCS, I got my klonopin. Which I have been doing good and cut way back on those. And @orngpeelmafia, thank you for your story. Sorry about your car, that is hectic and stressful for sure. So hearing that makes me feel better.

Still waiting to hear back from the interview. I was there from 10:30 to 1:30. I will let you guys know just as soon as I hear something. I'm on my knees praying.

I got the job! I got the job! I have not broken out either from the missed pill. Y'all were right! So here is what I want to say. When I was first diagnosed, I had told my family that I didn't want to finish school, I didn't see the point. Everything I worked for was ruined. I said I just want to work at the family business forever, so I'm not stressed and can reduce that area of stress on myself. As everyone knows I do not speak to my parents and haven't for 2 months. So work has been stressful with my father there. Well, anyways, here is my point. Herpes didn't stop me. Without my degree, this job wouldn't have been available for me, and the pay either. So if anyone ever feels like they want to stop everything in their life because of this, DONT. I wanted to give up on everything and now I'm sitting here at 23 making damn good money for little experience. I guess what I mean is herpes didn't hinder this or stop this. I am still me. I am still smart and still have a personality enough to where I made it through an interview process and nailed the job. It doesn't ruin everything in your life. It wasn't a factor in my career life and I guess I just needed to say this because it didn't stop me. I don't know if what I am sayin is making sense. But getting this job makes me feel like something good has finally happened in the past three months of my life and I needed it and herpes didnt stop me. I wanted to let this run every part of my life and while it is running my love life, because I allow it to, it doesnt run the other parts. I finally can get cable and internet. Thank God.

I am doing the biggest happy dance for you right now!!! No seriously I scared the cats out of the room with my excitement :D

It's a great moment to know your hard work paid off and it's a great

Moment to realize you've had control of your life this whole time and I am so proud of you and happy for you girl!

So happy for you sweetie!

And I want you to think on something. This has ONLY been 3 months... look how far you have come!! It's a great life lesson - things happen and we often feel like the end of the world is here, when in fact it's just a speed bump - something that slows us down (which is not necessarily a bad idea), but that is really only a temporary blip in our life.

I have people come into my office all the time with back pain - they've had it a few days and they are convinced they are crippled for life! They can't see that all they need is time and PATIENCE to see it through.

I wanted to let this run every part of my life

It's easy to use Herpes as an excuse for everything going wrong ... rather than taking life on and being responsible for who WE are... so glad you have learned this lesson! It's an important one to remember when life throws us curveballs ... to know that TIME will heal much and whatever happens, WE are who WE are... :)

Proud of you! I'm dancing for you too!