• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What is herpes prodome?

Hey bro!

Here's a blog article on it. Let us know if you have any specific questions on it!

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-prodrome-symptoms

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you for the info. I keep seeing people talk about, I never knew it was called that. I was just under the impression it was just regular S/S. So when I get pain on and off by or on the genitals, without an OB, its prodrome going on? and even though there are no blisters, it may or may not be shedding? so the risk goes up when this happens?

Its going to take time distinguishing between regular body aches and prodrome symptoms.

My last 2 outbreaks have followed symptoms of itching...feeling like a kind of "deep" itching in the muscle of my inner thigh. This started about 6 days before my outbreak, then 4 days before the blisters appeared, I had the same feeling, like a deep itch I couldn't scratch on the back of the same leg just below my butt cheek. I read the article that Adrial linked to above, and got the idea to journal early on in my diagnosis. Then all of a sudden, I had two outbreaks in a row with the same exact symptoms in the same time frame.

I'm REALLY glad I was writing down those symptoms that I thought were just random. By writing them down I'm fairly certain that I discovered at least 2 specific prodrome symptoms of mine. For me, it's part of taking responsibility to know my body and its responses better than I ever have. In my future, if I have a partner who is H-, I'll have the confidence I need to speak clearly and frankly about the virus, and what we can do to keep him as safe as protected as possible.

Best wishes!