• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have a date tomorrow. I don't know what to do.

I'm glad you gave it another thought and aren't letting this control your happiness.. because he does sound like a really good guy.

I recently started dating someone new.. First person I've needed to tell since finding out I have H. So I knew I would have to tell him but I wanted to choose the right time.

I wanted him to get to know me and see what I have to offer before I told him so that his judgment wouldn't be clouded by what I have. ugh. And I also wanted to be sure he was a good guy and someone I could trust enough to tell (and be sure that I wanted to keep him around too!!). I've read other articles that say you should tell someone on the first date but... That's just not for me. Not that I'm a serial dater but I don't want to tell someone something that personal about myself if I hardly know them.

Anyways, so Ive seen this guy about 4 maybe 5 times.. and I decided after we went out for dinner that I needed to tell him that night because I really like him and the physical attraction is undeniable. Anyways, I was so nervous. pretty much went silent on the drive home because that was all I could think about. "What are you thinking about?" "Ohhh nothing..." So I got back to his place and spilled the beans. I was so nervous.. pretty sure I was like shaking the whole time. But his response was amazing and so supportive. I let out a literal sigh of relief. I pretty much rehearsed what I was going to say about 100 times and included everything I thought was important and what I would want to hear.. I gave him all the info I could, about how I take Valtrex and what that does. I was all "I want you to have the choice because I wasn't given that option.." and he just said how it doesnt change the way he feels about me whatsoever and had questions. He made me feel so much better and I felt like this HUGE weight had been lifted. Up until then I really hadn't told anyone except my doctor.. so I told my bff afterwards too cause I felt like I needed to talk to someone about the situation. and she told me how bother her parents had it and it was no big deal to her... Then I felt EVEN better. I'm not as much of a freak as I thought ha.

Anyways, my point is this guy that you're interested in sounds like a good guy who is very into you. So get to know him and get a bit more comfortable with him then open up to him. I hope my experience makes it a bit easier for you! If you want any tips on what to say when you do feel free to message me.. I can give you my schpeel. lol

:)

(and be sure that I wanted to keep him around too!!).

Amen Sister! Herpes helps us to slow the whole thing down a bit so we get more time to see if this is someone we want to open ourselves up to (emotionally AND physically!)

and she told me how bother her parents had it and it was no big deal to her... Then I felt EVEN better. I'm not as much of a freak as I thought ha.

Yup - you're not a freak... LOL

Glad to have you with us and thank you for your story!!! So good to hear how other people are going through this :)

Thank y'all for all the support. I miss him already. Trying to keep my feelings in check though until I disclose. He asked me what my favorite restaurant was this evening and I told him and he said he wanted to take me there this week. I said you're sweet. He said "and you're worth it." I got sunburnt today when we were sitting outside talking ... And I sent him a picture of my shoulders... (I'm really pale, like a 1/4 ginger). He sent me a message that said "I'm really sorry baby, I should have had you sunscreen." And my heart just damn melted.