• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Went and got my H typed today

So a while ago I found out that the test that they ran on the blisters from my first outbreak didn't give me a specific type that I had. While I know that I have it, I am not sure which it is. Granted, I have had more than one outbreak and was getting them anytime finals came up or any time I cut myself shaving. I have an inclination that it is type 2, but then again, it could very well be type 1 and I am just so stressed out/anxious all the time that it comes up more for me.

The doctor kept telling me that it is more than likely type 2 because it was recurring and although she was very nice and funny she seemed almost resistant to give me a blood test for it. I just want to be able to know which one I have and have it on paper as to which it is.

I should know in a few days.

Yeah, I told her that I want to know which one I have for a fact, on paper. It changes how I disclose. She seemed resigned to the fact that type 1 prefers the mouth, type 2 prefers the genitals. I told her that a large part of new cases of genital herpes is type 1. Plus, there are plenty of cases of recurrent type 1. In addition to that, as a full time student, student employee, and volunteer at 3 different places, I am constantly stressed out in some way, I could be getting genital outbreaks in the same frequency I would be getting oral outbreaks.

My recurrent outbreaks weren't really painful at all, as much as they were a bit annoying,

Print this out for her

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes-detailed.htm

and highlight and underline this part and tell her she needs to get up to date on her info

How common is genital herpes?

CDC estimates that, annually, 776,000 people in the United States get new herpes infections. Genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, 16% of persons aged 14 to 49 years have HSV-2 infection. [1] The overall prevalence of genital herpes is likely higher than 16.2%, because an increasing number of genital herpes infections are caused by HSV-1. Increases in genital HSV-1 infections have been found in patient populations worldwide. [2]