• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Successful!

Hello everyone!

So here's my story. I'm 22 years old. I contracted herpes from my ex-boyfriend about a year ago. I'm either asymptomatic or my OBs are so mild that I don't even notice them. I've just tested positive for HSV-2 antibodies via the blood test. He didn't tell me he had it until after we had sex. Although this was a jerk move I decided to (try) to forgive him because I know it's hard to disclose something like that. I'm really open-minded so it wasn't a deal breaker for me at all.

Anyways, the relationship wasn't what I wanted it to be and I definitely resented him a lot for not being honest right off the bat. However, I stayed in it even though I was unhappy partially because I was really nervous about dating with herpes. First piece of advice: don't do this!! Being in an unhappy relationship is 10x worse than dating with herpes.

I recently met a new guy that I'm absolutely crazy about. I was extremely stressed about telling him. I honestly almost ended things with him because I couldn't face telling him. But then I realized that backing out would give the same result as telling him and being rejected without ever knowing if he would be ok with it. So I decided to go for it.

I knew I would never be able to bring it up in person out of the blue. So once I felt things were getting relatively serious I texted him telling him that I needed to talk to him about something the next time I see him in person. This worked well for me because the next time I saw him he kept asking me what I needed to tell him (So I couldn't chicken out!).

...I told him! and his reaction? Amazing! He said, this doesn't change anything, I'm still crazy about you and I honestly think you're being too hard on yourself about his. He's a med student so he knows that medically speaking it's not a big deal at all. He was also like " I was afraid you were about to tell me you murdered someone. That definitely would have been a deal breaker". hahaha

So there ya go-a success story! I hope this helps someone feel brave :)

@dcfc

Hello and welcome!

First piece of advice: don't do this!! Being in an unhappy relationship is 10x worse than dating with herpes.

Can I get an AMEN over here??? Feeling alone and unhappy when you are lying next to someone is FAR worse than being alone!

Good for you for taking back control of your life... and look what happened? The right person came along! Congratulations!!! Keep us posted!!!

(((HUGS)))