• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Nice little herpes anecdote for some inspiration & reassurance

I am a member of this local herpes group/website and I finally attended my first event with them this past Sunday. It was a lovely brunch with about 12-15 women talking about all things herpes. It was really great to be able to talk openly about it with these women and one of them told us about her experiences with disclosing. I won't get into detail about her story but she shared that she has disclosed to 4 men since she was diagnosed. Here's the good news- all 4 were okay with it. Now here's the GREAT news (well, not really "great" I suppose but it definitely reassured me and made me feel a little less leper-like)- all 4 believed they didn't have herpes and after insisting that they each get tested, ALL 4 CAME BACK POSITIVE!!! She didn't say whether they had type 1 or 2 and I didn't think at the time to ask but either way that blows both the 85% and 20% stats out of the water! I realize that 100% of people do not in fact have herpes, but that just made me feel better to hear how common it really is. So I just wanted to share. Also, I told them all about this forum so hopefully there will be more new "faces" around here. :)

And just as a side note- On Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. H-Opp himself! I have to say, I've enjoyed speaking with him on the phone a few times and obviously he is awesome on here but in person, WOW! Just being in Adrial's presence made my heart feel full and left me feeling inspired. (Not to mention he's even cuter in person, ladies. ;) ) I decided there is no way I'm missing out on the next seminar and I highly encourage anybody else who can to do so. This dude is friggin' awesome and I can only imagine how incredible it will be to spend an entire weekend talking to, listening to and working with him on such a deep level. I'm stoked and will be buying my plane ticket soon. Hope to see some of you there! Yay!!

Can I just say how thoughtful Alyssa is? When Alex and Alyssa came to scoop me at Denver airport to drive me to Boulder (wow, so sweet for you to offer, Alex!), Alyssa gave me a package. I open it and it's Brene Brown's new book! Not only that, it's signed by Brene! Anyone who knows me knows that her TED talk video blew my heart wide open. Alyssa, thank you for thinking of me and giving such a beautiful, heartfelt gift. And yes, it is still on my bucket list to meet Brene in person and buy her dinner! ;)

By the way, here's a pic I took of Brene's signed book. Can't wait to read it!

http://herpesopportunity.com/images/brene-book.jpg

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: