• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Some Relief (good news) and then...some questions

Hi everyone!

I wanted to come and share a little good news because i feel like I've been nothing but gloom and doom lately. As you know I've been queen paranoia and not very comfortable in my own skin with this virus. I had only told one of my close friends and my giver about having H. Well I have a trip to Disneyland coming up with another very close friend.

I guess my silence from the passed few weeks alerted her that something was wrong and I had really been dodging talking about anything because I didn't want her to think any less of me, be afraid or whatever else. Anyway I finally got up the nerve and told her about the whole situation. Her response was, "thank god! I thought you were diagnosed with something terminal or you got pregnant!" I was able to laugh about this for the first time. She kept reassuring me it was not a huge deal and saying that it wasn't a big deal and told me that she had another friend go through the same thing a year ago. What a relief!!!! It just felt good being honest, I hate secrets and part of me feels more free knowing another friend knows. I went to bed happy last night.

Now this morning I woke with a pimple on my nose or at least that's what I hope it was. I, not thinking about it popped it. White puss ensued. I cleaned it and then it hit me OH CRAP! Was that herpes??? Gah I know I for sure have GHSV2 don't know if it'd anywhere else. I've had super chapped lips but no sores but I think that's because of stress and me licking my lips a ton. Only the passed week chapped. My first GHSV outbreak was a little over three weeks ago. Anyway the pimple is popped and you can't really tell it was even there. Does a large pimple, white fluid, then gone sound like a herpes thing? Or a stop being paranoid thing?

Soooo glad u feel that sense of relief and freedom with someone else. And wonderful about ur friends reaction and u can chuckle .....u r moving forward.

As for the pimple, I am the last one to ask about being paranoid so I won't give advice there. Odds are it is a pimple and u can relax.

Hugs

I don't think you're anywhere near likely to get hsv2 on your nose! Haha and there's no way you'd be able to casually pop it like a pimple :) try not to be too paranoid! It's awesome that you got a laugh and were able to tell people in your life that you're close too. :)