• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I just CANNOT right now!

Okay, so I've been pretty postive the past week or so, but this morning I just can't.

The end of last week I finally felt like I was back to having no H prodrome symptoms and feeling normal.

I went running for the first time Monday since my diagnosis/primary outbreak (aka it had been a month) and after my run I cleaned my nether region very well with unscented all natural soap, did the blow dryer, and sprayed my gold bond power spray. If felt freeing to run again. I am a huge health person and I love to workout and take care of myself so this past month of feeling constricted did not help me to emotionally deal with H. But I finally thought I was at a place where I could. I only ran 1 mile, and did a 5 minute warm up walk and 5 minute cool down walk

Yesterday I did light stretching and felt very little irritation.

This morning I did yoga for 45 minutes and after I was done I hoped in the shower.

While in the shower I felt more irritation down there and I just started crying hysterically...

Can I not freaking workout anymore because of this!? I thought working out was GOOD, yes I know, strenuous workouts can trigger outbreaks but I have NOT been doing anything strenuous.

I know I just got my diagnosis a month ago and it takes time for the body to build up antibodies, so do I just need to be careful the next 5 months and let this take its course until my immune system/body is handling it better?

I've been reading on various threads here that that Genital HSV1 is usually not as bothersome down there after the first outbreak because its in a area of the body that it doesn't nessesarily like as much...am I a freaking anomaly!?

Sorry guys, I just CAN'T! If I can't even enjoy my workout regime without worrying about stupid prodome symptoms or an outbreak I am going to lose my mind.

Ugh.

Okay, well I feel a little better having said all this...thank you for listening...sorry for the anger...

Any insight/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

@whitedaisies @WCSDancer2010

Thank you ladies.

Dancer - I have been taking a daily antiviral, which is partially why I am so confused, but I guess I still need to remember it will settle eventually. Should I take two per day as opposed to one like I did when my primary OB was occuring? Or just stick to the script?

Thank you both for your feedback! <3

Sorry you are going through this. Just wanted to say that I have had hsv2 for almost 30 years (got it when I was a teenager) and I am an extremely fit woman and workout ALL THE TIME. Only once in my entire history have I had an outbreak triggered by strenuous exercise and that was because I was doing a very extreme cardio program. And after the outbreak passed, I continued on with the extreme routine for a few more months with no problems. H will not prevent you from continuing on with fitness!!!

Almost same thing happened to me. Had an ob (literally one small pimple) that barely even bothered me. So I continued to have sex (with my bf who knows my status and we used a condom) and also continued training on the elliptical . The first one healed after 2 weeks and then a new one just came on Monday right next to it! Ugh and I am now taking valtrex 1000mg 2x a day. Hope you get through this soon and hope I do as well! Not fun returning to work as a teacher and trying to set up a classroom and sit through meetings with another outbreak :/ hang in there I do think the exercise can aggravate the area bc it is already compromised from the ob.