• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Frustrated ,beat down, and DRAINED

Literally been almost a month in this recurrent outbreak . The first sore was not bad . Although it took longer than usual to heal. Then I finally got rid of that one and last Monday a new lesion appeared right next to it. This one is VERY uncomfortable . I feel useless and scared that this will never go away. This Monday will be the 2 week mark for the current lesion. I'm on suppressive therapy and have not had an outbreak like this since the primary. If I get an ob... Usually it's a week tops and gone . I'm a teacher and already my deadlines are building up and the kids come back Tuesday . I'm praying this is gone by then . Bc I feel like I can't take anymore. The past two weeks at work have been hard . Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I literally feel the strength draining out of me for having to put up with this nuisance for the past month. Thanks and any comments are welcome :/

You got it, Ladyf. I got a big ol' virtual bear hug for you. :)

And the most important thing you can do for yourself is de-stress. (Now! Do it! De-stress! Quick!) ;) I know, it's easier said than done, but I imagine that the deadlines building and stress of all that is weakening your immune system to the point where you're more susceptible to outbreaks. You know, herpes can actually be a barometer of sorts to let us know that we need to take care of ourselves. I do hope in the midst of all the chaos of school starting back up you can find some peace and quiet for yourself to relax and smile ... Big hugs to you!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank u... I'm trying to de- stress ... That's basically impossible when I've been walking around with an outbreak for a month ... I went through A LOT last year , was stressed to the max and didn't get an ob... So weird . I had an awesome summer I dont know what could have brought it on in the first place . Praying this ends soon. I haven't had a recurrent ob this long ever ... That I can remember . Hanging in there though. Thank u for your kind words.

So - reality check time. I know it sucks to have felt this way for two whole weeks, but in the grand scheme of things it's barely a blip on your timeline. The average person lives about 4000 weeks - so really, 2 weeks isn't that long. It's just as a society we have got used to getting everything "fixed" with medication or operations as soon as it breaks ... and Herpes doesn't play by those rules.

Try to let go of what you feel *should* be happening in your body. And have you tried any of the things we've suggested? (epsom salts baths, using a blow drier, etc?) The things I've linked to or listed here usually help most people a lot.

(((HUGS)))