• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes blood test results

Hi

I just get my blood test results:

Hsv1 IgG < 0,2

Hsv2 IgG < 0,2

Hsv 1+2 IgM 0,3

The conclusion is negative for all but i am wondering whether it is reliable because i did the tests 3 months after my risk exposure and 3 weeks after having antivirals for 10 days.

- Can the antivirals make the antibodies dissapear ?

- Is 3 months a too short delay ?

Thank you

3 months is a good indicator that you will remain negative but 16 weeks or 6 months is pretty conclusive.

Antivirals for 10 days will not skew your score. I believe experts relieve it is when you are on suppressive meds it may change your score.

I say you are in good shape.

Lets see what others think.

Wait for your swab results too.

Xo

ok??? sorry always thought swap test means to take culture from a blister ....he only talked about blood test....maybe I always got tat wrong,sorry. anyway good that everything went well :):)enjoy your day , I am sure that you today in a better mood then the last days

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am still concerned and it sucks a lot. I am feeling itching since 2 weeks now after only 1 week without pain, it last again 2 weeks ago the last time.

What could I do ? I saw again a new dermatologist last week who told me it was not H and there was no need to be swabbed again because my last results were negative (I had a negative blood test after 3 months, see above) and a negative swab test (but i never had any blister, i have some irritation on the top of my penis, on the urethra and around).

I feel very lost, I can't deal with the pain and itching sensations. I am also very scared abouth the time needed to heal completely, it's almost like I have a continuous OB since maybe 1 month.

Go back to the dermatologist and ask him what it is then... tell him how long this has been going on and tell him you want answers...

There's a ton of things it could be.. our skin is actually a good mirror for our health and a lot of conditions/imbalances show up in the skin. So keep going back until you get an answer ;)

I know this is frustrating...I hear ya been doing this 10 months plus!

it's frustrating, it's exhausting but what you are feeling (the. Pain etc) is caused by something and if not herpes it's something else. You deserve to know what it is. Keep going. We are here to support you.....maybe the men on the forum can chime in with their experiences with herpes and pain.

Xo

Honestly, I HIGHLY doubt you have Herpes ... but if it will convince you that you don't have it, take it one more time ... and then go pester the crap out of the Dermatologist :p

Sometimes you just have to sit your ass down in the office and refuse to leave without some kind of progress (script for testing, etc). Or go in every other day. Or pitch a fit (I've done that before and it worked). You have to be your own advocate and stand up for what YOU need.

• 3 weeks later...

I did an other blood test, negative

I got the same results than the previous blood test

Hsv1 IgG < 0,2

Hsv2 IgG < 0,2

Hsv 1+2 IgM 0,3

I did it 4 months and half after having taking risks (20 weeks)

Should I be confident not having H ?

The other thing is that the tests i've made 3 months ago showed that i had streptococcus B (detected through urethra swab). A first doctor told me i didn't need to have a treatment for that but the dermatologist i saw 3 weeks ago gave me antibiotics and i've been swabed again this week and it is negative.

I am confused because i still have the same symptoms and i was expecting a positive result for streptococcus B (assumption that the antibiotics were not efficient), that's why now i am stressed again with H

I think it's pretty clear that you do not have Herpes... 1.1 is the normal "low" positive... it's not till you get a 3.5 or above that you have a clear positive.

So now you just need to keep riding the Dr's to get you an answer.... :/

Sorry we can't help you more but glad you at least have an answer about your Herpes concerns.

Good luck ... and let us know if you manage to get a diagnosis.

Does the igg results tell you anything other than a positive/negative? I got a >8 for HSV1 so it's positive. But does this number indicate anything else? I just found out two days ago so I will probably have more questions. I have never had any symptoms that I noticed. Only the blood test so no swab test done. Thanks