• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Today I disclosed...

Background: began dating a guy... Got symptoms 4 days later, swab for hsv2, and then blood work tested negative for IgG antibodies for hsv2.

Tonight was the first time I've seen him in person in awhile as he was out of town. We went to dinner and I was trying to find the right time to say something. We ended up back at his place and started watching home alone. My anxiety was building and I just decided it was now or never. So the words just came tumbling out... Asked him if he remembered me saying I thought I had the flu and how I went to the doctor and had a bunch of tests. Then I said the big scary words... I have herpes. I don't know if I've actually ever said the full word out loud. Terrifying. I started crying and said that because of my tests and onset of symptoms, it was most likely him but there's a small chance it might not be. And that 80% don't even know they have it. That I felt horrible and bad that I had to dump this on him just as he got back but that I couldn't do it over the phone. Just rambled on and on. And he was quiet and listened. He didn't back away from me in disgust. He wasn't mad. Pretty shocked but who wouldn't be. He took it so well! Said he had a few friends that had it. and while yea that it sucks he most likely has it, he's not mad or blames me. If anything he said I should be mad at him and that it took guts to say something. He plans on making an appointment and getting the blood test as soon as he can. The best part was that he said it changes nothing. He said even if he tests negative, as long as we took all the precautions we could, it changes nothing. I think it was then I started crying even harder. The stress, weight, and burden of this has been terrible on me and it felt so good to be accepted. I really hope he continues to think like that if he somehow does test negative. That still scares me a bit. He wanted me to stay over but I thought it best to give him some time to think. But when I got to my car my phone dinged with this "Sweetheart I can't predict the future but I know for now everything is going to be fine..I don't like the fact you have it and knowing I may or may not have it as well and knowing I'm probably the one that gave it to you but it's not going to change how I feel about you and how it's going to affect our fun we've been having together."

So for the first time since I've been diagnosed I have HOPE. And it feels amazing. And I'm bawling as I'm writing this because I never thought it could be this way. Good men do exist. And I can finally sleep soundly tonight! :)