• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex, Pregnancy, HSV2

My partner and I have both tested positive for HSV2 so I am curious to know if we can have sex while I am pregnant or should this be avoided all together? We have had unprotected sex already but before I knew I was pregnant. We are both not sure if we can affect the baby this way so we are holding off on anything sexual, but I would like to know if we aren't having an OB can we still be intimate....using protection of course. And because we have already had unprotected sex while I was unsure if I was pregnant can a baby be affected by this early on. I have had no OB but I wasn't sure if I was having symptoms come up almost a week ago, but we are taking a step back to make sure for now....any comments on this? Remember my first appointment is in a few days so, I'll keep you guys posted but for all you moms out there were you intimate during your pregnancy?

My wife and I are both positive and we continued having unprotected sex all through both pregnancys. The baby is safe from the virus while in the womb. Herpes is spread by skin on skin contact. Our oldest was born naturally with no complications. The youngest was born by c section because she was folded in half and her head and feet would have been trying to come out at the same time. Your doctor can put you on anti virals the last month or so before delivery to help prevent an outbreak.

My ex hubby and I were both H2+ when I got pregnant (x2) ... we had plenty of unprotected sex during my pregnancy! As @ihaveittoo said, the baby is safe in the womb and your Dr will come up with a plan for a safe delivery that will likely include taking antivirals for the last month.

Babies are born to H+ people all the time ... the ones who have complications are usually the ones that didn't know they had the virus :(

(((HUGS)))