Jump to content
  • Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

    Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can mother with herpes passing antibodies on to child?

Recommended Posts

If she had herpes when you were in utero, then you would have the antibodies at birth but they would go away in about 6 months because you wouldn't have the virus for the body to continue to produce them. When my daughters were born, they blood tested them at 6 months (rather than at birth) to make sure they hadn't got it from me during the birth...but to be honest, of they had gotten it then the odds are very high they would have been VERY sick ... babies don't fight the herpes virus very well :(


We don't know why 80% of people have no symptoms and the other 20% have varying levels of prodromes and symptoms. It could be immune function. Or hormones. Or thyroid function (just starting to research this one) Or genetics. Or any combination thereof. :/

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...