• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hooray for Ella and Bruce

So just wanted to give much props for Ella coming out with being H posi and I'm finishing up Bruce Jenner's story dunno how others feel but it's sooo enlightening and brave and heart warming hopefully like Sam Cooke a change is gonna come im might be jumping too far but little by little the taboo can overcome it.

Love Ella and soooo proud of her. She told me a year ago that she wanted to do this. And here she is. H Opp interview with her is coming out with her shortly! ;)

Sneak peek (with my goofy-ass face): http://screencast.com/t/aKlhhgxcMo

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@mandymoon

I love it when brave people stand up and show the world that they will not be controlled by stigma and ignorance....... I remember when Magic Johnson announced he had HIV. Imagine, a black professional athlete in an Era when HIV and AIDS had a HORRIFIC stigma and potential death sentence, that man had the bravery to step out of the shadows and become the fave of HIV/AIDS. Phenomenal man.

Speaking of phenomenal brave people... @Adrial is on that list! That's why we are all here and why I personally conquered my fears surrounding disclosure. Maybe the post should read: hooray Ella, Bruce and Adrial ;)

Ah - THAT Ella - of course!!!! Yes - she's an amazing girl. And I know there are others doing this too ... @JessikaRabbit came out to all her friends and family on FB after reading some of our stories on here ... and I remember a few others did to some degree or other ... and I'm sure it's happening elsewhere. At some point we will hit critical mass and people will start to sit up and take notice ;)

I meant to say tho first yaaassss!!! Everyone is amazingggg if it wasn't for anyone here we wouldn't know all that we do!!!! A round of applause for you all and taking the time out of your lives to build eachother up!!! Thank yall. I hope to do that sometime out myself cuz it isn't a big deal like we once thought but it's easier said than done for me. It's just harder to open others eyes. That question was the second part because for some reason I didn't think about that before