• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

help...I think I have hsv2,

About 4 month I have protected sex but the condom did slip off but he told me he noticed right away with an ex bf I had I knew for about 2 years from one of my EXs well we decided to date knowing my ex was against it well before I had sex with him my other ex told me that he had herpes at that time I just thought he was just mad that I was dating his friend so I brush it off but ever since I had sex with him I started getting irritation on my vagina and also had a burning sensation on my left thigh while i sleep about 3 times i had thay feeling 3 different days about 20 days later the first time I got irritation I go scared and started freaking out so then I went to the Dr and told me I had BV ok then I got a yeast infection after medication and then I was back to normal a couple of weeks later than I start getting the irritation back for about a month of so till I went to the Dr so I told the Dr to test for herpes at 11 weeks post exposure it came positive for hsv1 which was 56.10 igg and 0.73 hsv2 igg and hsv1 and hsv2 was 1.63 what of the chance of hsv 2 igg changing at 4 months I'm really scares I been crying and makes me really scared

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, take a deep breath, because you can't be sure of that yet. There is also a chance you could have HSV 1 on your genitals, but you cannot tell until you get a swabed to type it. If theres a chance of it being hsv 2, you will need a blood test done at 4 months, when the antibodies are established

For now, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions and make assumptions. Sometimes people say things to be vengeful and not mean it. Go back in another month and have another IgG HSV 2 type specific test done. That would at least show if the value changed for your HSV 2. Have you ever had cold sores before?

Next time you have any symptoms on your genitals, like burning or irritation, go to the doctor and ask to be swabbed. Did you ever use a mirror or anything to look for any redness or bumps?

Right now, don't get ahead of yourself, and those symptoms don't necessarily mean you have herpes and can be caused by other things.

Well on the 10th of Aug its gonna be 5 months since exposure and today I went in and had a swab and the Dr said everything looks normal I just have a lot of yeast but it did not look like herpes and I just told her I wanted to get blood drawn to test for herpes so yeah I just wanna be sure I been going to different Dr and they all take cultures and always come back with BV I been having ever since just comes back and goes away...

Yes I have had cold sores before since I was about 20 I got a big outbreak in my mouth and got really sick I am now 27yrs I heard that you can't get it in your genitals if you already have it orally i don't know if there is any truth to that?

I have gone when I first notice irritation right the next day I go and I have looked in the mirror and its sometimes red , sometimes my clitoris is swollen or sometimes I have like kinda white discharge and the skin is sensitive to the touch only and have like white stuff on the walls of my vagina that look like the skins peeling off but never had any sores of any kind.

Thank you for answering me I really appreciate it

Well, if there are no sores, there is nothing to swab. I have seen a few people have no sores, just a red patch of raw skin that hurt and surprisingly to me, cane back positive.. Usually that isn't the case.

They say having HSV 1 orally provides some immunity, but not completely and I've sen those get it on their genitals, who already had it orally. So you're saying you are just now getting another blood test done at 5 months?

Well a swab for herpes, doesn't test for yeast or BV, it has to specifically bebe a specific swab for herpes, it can't just come back w that one swab as BV, if they're testing for herpes; that would be more than one swab, as they're different tests.

Are you not in the states?

Yeah, w your symptoms, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of herpes, as it could be a number of things. Yeast, BV, latex allergen. As long as you get the type specific IgG at the 5 month mark, as you said you just got blood drawn for again, those tests should tell you if you have HSV 2. Is there a small chance you have HSV 1 down below and not displaying text book herpes symptoms, yes and no tests will show you where it's located, w out a sore to culture. Dancer will likely have more in sight on this type of situation than I, but I wouldn't immediately jumo to the conclusion it is herpes.

Really? Yeah the skin was just red and clitoris was swollen and itchy and also red, well I did have a sore on my mouth the first time I had intercourse with my ex but he didn't and he did give me oral does that mean I could of gave myself hsv 1 genital herpes

Yes I tested at 11 weeks which came back .73 igg hsv2 and I went to test today at 4 months and 3 weeks

Yeah then they only swabbed for BV and yeast infection and came back positive for BV and that twice in 4 months and also been getting yeast infection that won't go away with treatment and all

Yes I live in California

I has been BV and yeast but then again I saw that bv and yeast are very common in herpes symptoms and I don't have any explanation for having nerve pain on my outer thigh like a burning sensation and numbness on my thighs when I first got the symptoms. And yes I will get my results in a couple of weeks praying it comes out negative

@luna1088

BV and Yeast are very common, period. Yeast is often caused by an over abundance of sugar in your diet ... or at least it can be exacerbated by a high sugar diet. I suggest that you look at that (ie: clean up your diet) and get on a Probiotic and get on the meds for BV and Yeast to clear them up. Also if you use toys you need to clean them well or you can just be passing it back to yourself ... also, any partner you are with needs to be treated as well or they will just pass it back to you.

As for the test results ... with such a high result with the HSV1, odds are that is your old oral infection. It's HIGHLY unlikely that you can pass it to yourself ... and it's very very rare to get HSV1 genitally from genital sex... the vast majority of cases are caught from oral sex.

As for HSV2, yes, get the blood test. Call Planned Parenthood and see if they will do it. Tell them (ie, fib a bit) that you were with someone who has it awhile (5 months) back, you've had pain/sores on and off since and you are getting ready to have sex with a new partner and want to make sure that you don't pass it on to them if you have it. That gives them more reason to do the blood test. Sometimes you have to know how to play the system to get testing done :(

Personally, I'm not convinced that you have Herpes. I think that your malicious Ex got in your head and has had EXACTLY the effect that he wanted. He wanted to scare you away from the other guy because he doesn't want you to be happy .... he just wants to control you even though you are not with him. So right now your best plan of action is to get tested, and if it's HSV2-, use this as a good reason to get well educated about STD transmission (including HPV and all the other STD's) and to make sure you discuss STD's before you do the horizontal mambo in the future ;)

(((HUGS)))

Thank you for answering you ...I am really over weight do you think that might be the issue as well because I was saying I got BV it got cleared so the DR said I was feeling 100% down there then after a couple a weeks everything was back to normal except my period was coming sooner than usual but that's about it and then like a month or so after I started seeing my ex and he just started messing around no sex or anything just fingers and idk if he rubbed hard but started burning that's when I got scared again and I went to the Dr and she checked again and swab and said I had BV again so I was kinda like ok again that's not normal so she gave me medication the same kind they gave me the first time so I took it and I felt a bit better but then once I got off them I started to feel itchy and I looked in the mirror and I had a lot of white discharged on my clitoris so I started using cream for yeast infection and it seems like it's going away but still have some discharge but idk if its because I'm starting my period next week.

Yeah I have had hsv 1 for quite some time...but do you think my results of .73 for hsv 2 where high for it being 11 weeks after? I seen other people results be around .09 and type like that and don't have it. Do you think I might have of chance of it being negative at 4 months and 3 weeks

Yes I asked my Dr if I can test again I went yesterday to get blood drawn already at 4 months and 3 weeks after possible exposure I get my results in about 2-3 weeks

Hopefully he was wrong and I am H- and yes next time I am gonna be way more careful and trust me I've been reading up about every possible STD possible I am becoming an expect lol jk but yeah I've had HPV before thankfully it went away I've been hpv free for about 4 years now all my paps have been good...trust me before I do any of that which is gonna be in a great while even if I'm negative I am planning on not having any sexual encounters with anyone anytime soon I need to focus on myself.

And once again I wanna thank you so much for answering my questions and thanks for the support

BTW I came to get my result from the first time I took a blood test 7 weeks post exposure and it'd the same .72 for the igg herpes 2 test idk if that makes any difference that the results are almost the same as the 11 week post exposure? But igg herpes hsv 1 is lower at 7 weeks which was 44.70 and at 11 weeks it was 56.10?

Is there a possibility that you got infected w HSV 1 down below, yes and coukd be a reason for the spike in antibodies after infection. You won't know for sure w out a swab of a sore. Most don't present w text book symptoms, so when it comes to HSV 1, it can be hard to tell Wheeew the infection is w no swab.

Even if its an old infection like @dancer said? And at the time I got blood drawn at 11 weeks I believe I got a cold sore on my lip idk if maybe thats why the score went up? So did I infect myself ? How about for the hsv 2 do you think the score would of went up by the 11 week? Or could it have not changed at 11 weeks and then go up at 4 months post

There's no telling in regards to HSV 1.. Yes a high score is indicative of an old infection, but it went down some time later. I think it could possibly be either scenario.

You're gonna have to try swabbing and maybe getting some swabs from wrat over Heights, may help. How many times have you had the swelling and redness?

That's what confuses me...and my anxiety gets worse and I start stressing

Well they did swab when I tested at 7 weeks but didn't have any sores just irritation so they tested and came back negative...I can get swabbed with no sores? What's wrat over heights? I had the swelling the first time for like 3 weeks and then it went back to normal for about a month ago and then started getting itchy again and the itch lasted about a month I went to my Dr and I told her she didn't examine it and only gave me medication for BV and for yeast and I took them finished it and I messed aroundno vaginal sex only oral with my then bf now ex and I started getting the irritation again so I got scared and went to the Dr and she did an exam and only come back positive for BV and she gave me medication once I finished the pills I started getting itch again and having discharge I am just thinking I'm getting another yeast infection so I started putting cream and right now its not as itchy anymore I still have white discharge though and the right side of my labia feels tingly but no visible sores so i don't know

2L2Q meant Westover Heights ... they do phone consults and they can prescribe the Western Blot test ... which is the most accurate test out there ... but right now lets just get the blood test results. Until you get to 4 months results there's no use in speculating the "signs" of your past tests ... because there wasn't anything that really stood out to help clarify things.

If you got HSV1 genitally, it's pretty certain you got it from someone else...it's near on impossible to give it to yourself ... but my guess is you have an ongoing yeast infection..using the topical cream won't clear anything that is up inside your vagina ... you need to get the suppositories that they make for yeast infections and use that ... and yes, your weight won't be helping because odds are your ladybits won't get "aired out" nearly as much ... and airing out helps to kill off virus and yeast.

Right now, you just have to wait for the test results and we'll go from there...

Oh ok...yeah I'll just wait till I get my results before I pay $300 for another test ...maybe i am over thinking things I'll just wait to get my blood work back and hope for the best...

Even if you have an old infection I would think you would have a lot of antibodies to protect you from getting it somewhere else...and yeah it might be an on going yeast because once I stop using the cream the itchiness comes back up I don't know this is just so new to me maybe that's why I'm overreacting I don't know

You need to use the 7 day monistat treatment, those 1 or 3 days do not clear up a resistant yeast infection. I also highly recommend taking daily probiotics, to help counteract all the yeast and bad bacteria overgrowth you have I have not had a yeast infection since taking daily probiotics. When I itch now, I know it's not yeast, because it's in the same location and cones and goes. Yeast untreated spreads like wile fire and I swear my entire lady bits were itching so bad.

Yeah that's the one I've been using the 7 day simple cure I just been barely start taking a probiotics for like a week now and also eating yogurt...well usually the itchyness its only on my clitoris so idk if that mean yeast or something else idk and its always itchy only when I clean it it stops itching for a bit...but when I put the cream the itch goes away within 2-3 days...is there certain probiotics I should be taking? I'm using some Walmart brand that is probiotics prebiotics with cranberry I don't know if that makes a difference

I think Phillips and pearl are just fine.

I had an issue that you are describing and couldn't get diagnosed what it was , pre H is like a decade ago. Turned out, I was allergic to latex and the constant infection of yeast infections and nv from the use of them and all the irritation, cause major misfiring of my nerves. I had it on my clitoris as well.. Now I have the first spot it happened to itxh on and off to this day, a decade later. She diagnosed me w vulvadynia, but I don't think it's that . I think it's another type of something similar, but yes, constant irritation can cause the nerves to misfire. Still drives me nuts to this day and I had been tested for herpes and those area of my skin even biopsied and found nothing. No explanation, other than my nerves were misfiring from my back to back use of latex.

Well I haven't been having sex so I don't know if its the latex but I got more medication for the yeast infection hopefully this time it works better and I won't have this issue anymore and I'm drinking my probiotics everyday so yeah and I'll give you guys an update of my blood work

Also how can you tell herpes from a razor burn I've been having some bumps on my thighs but I usually always get them because of shaving plus I have really thick body hair so idk if that's the cause of it

First, go to a health food store and get a GOOD type of probiotic ..never EVER buy supplements in Walmart ... you need to get that kind of thing from a store that is dedicated to more natural products,,,,

And that sounds like razor burn to me... can you cut your hair uber short with clippers to see if that stops the rash??? That's one way to figure out if the issue is H or not :)

Ok thank I will when I have more money....

So the bumps went away so it might of been razor burn but I think I now see 2 tiny bumps inside my right labia great I had been feeling a little itch a couple of days ago and now I see 2 tiny white bumps but they are really little I'm starting to freak out because if it's an outbreak I won't be able to go to the dr because it's the weekend I'm so scared

Well I don't know if I never had a primary outbreak I never had any sores only my skin was red and irritated but no open sores so idk what to think I don't know if they are the normal bumps I've always had or are they really gonna become blisters they just look like white heads but very little...ugh I hate not knowing if I have H or not and I won't know unless I get sores and go to the dr or wait till sept to get my blood work results back