• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

help...I think I have hsv2,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they the tiny bumps I had didn't get any larger or anything so I don't know if they are normal bumps and my skin was just irritated on the right side only but my skins been feeling weird on that side so I don't know what it might be has anyone experience this plus I got my period 12 days early and its normal so I don't know if its because of stress or what ugh I don't know what to think I'm so scared and anxious my heads messing with me too much any advice?

@luna1088 This is Annab01 from ExperienceProject :) I'm so glad to see you came here (unfortunate circumstances but still glad you came here) @2Legit2Quit and @WSCDancer2010 are amazing right?! I notice that everyone is trying to tell you the same thing. The common thread is to RELAX! I know how hard it is to do that when you feel your status is in limbo but you must truly try to wipe the panic from your thought process when dealing with this. Before I was diagnosed I was somewhat paranoid myself. So I took precautions until I would eventually find out my truth. However I didn't allow it to steal my peace or my joy.

You have got to get this under control. This is a test of your ability to control your emotions and an opportunity for you to see how strong YOU ARE in a difficult situation. NO ONE here will know exactly what is going on with you. We can make an educated guess but nothing will give you peace of mind except for yourself or those results. I would strongly encourage you to look at this as if you do have it already and just deal with coping with that until you do find out the truth. That is the best advice I can give. That is kind of how I went about my life before I got tested. I was thinking ok so I might have herpes.....OK...I GOT THIS AND I CAN HANDLE IT NO MATTER WHAT. I CAN HANDLE ANYTHING. There is something extremely empowering in taking control of your emotions and your life. You should work on keeping calm even when things are not in perfect balance. Stress is not helping you in any way ok. I wish I could be there for you physically to give you a big hug because I know this is weighing on you.

Truly look at what has happened though....you have these kinda scary symptoms, BUT you are still alive. It didn't kill you. You are indeed ok. You can still eat, watch movies, work....and countless things! This will not ruin your life IF you have it. Life is FULL of changes and challenges. You need to build up your strength so you can face life with no fear. This is something I work on all the time. Fear has no place in this situation ok. So try your very best to conquer it! I know you can! Cheer up! Relaaaxxxx and know that we are here for you no matter what! Be brave :) Much love.

XOXO

@luna1088 This is Annab01 from ExperienceProject :)

This is a test of your ability to control your emotions and an opportunity for you to see how strong YOU ARE in a difficult situation. NO ONE here will know exactly what is going on with you. We can make an educated guess but nothing will give you peace of mind except for yourself or those results. I would strongly encourage you to look at this as if you do have it already and just deal with coping with that until you do find out the truth. That is the best advice I can give.

XOXO

Well said @Anna01!

We are not Dr's here and even a DR can't diagnose without swabs and/or a blood test ... but rather than obsessing at this point about it all, just make sure to get to a Dr (or Planned Parenthood if you are a cash payer as they will often give you a discount and allow you to pay it off over time) and get the things swabbed next time it happens. Maybe do a food and habits journal (ie: track what may be causing this including what you eat, when you shave, have sex, exercise in spandex, newly laundered clothes where the detergent may be causing irritation, etc) ANYTHING that comes into contact with the area, write it down. You may find that you get the rash after one particular activity and that may be the answer. And in 4 months, get a blood test just to put your mind to rest :)

(((HUGS)))

Thank you ladies

I just get more scared as time passes and I get different symptoms is affecting my lifestyle my hair is falling out I don't get hungry I don't wanna work i can't sleep I just want this to be over but I believe it just started

I did go get a blood test 20 weeks post exposure but I won't be getting my results till sept because my dr doesn't have appt available till then but I will be seeing another dr today to check about the bumps and see what she sees...

I just got off a bad relationship and then started another one and broke that off that's when I think I got exposed and also that is setting off my stress up as well I'm just a mess and I don't think I can go thru anymore

@WSCDancer2010 Thanks :)

@Luna1088 You are making my hair fall out! I hate hearing you go through so much struggle. I really wish I could show you how much this is not going to ruin your life IF you have it. It is so minor in the grand scheme of things. It is like acne that comes and goes. It is like shingles. Which sucks but it is not life or death. Your life will go on and you will find love if you allow it! I love the saying "Keep calm and carry on". Focus on that. Keep calm and carry on. Everything is going to be alright. Your stress is making this 10 times worse than it needs to be. HSV isn't so bad but the stress mixed with it is the problem. Stress alone can literally kill you. So try to destress. Go on a walk, do some yoga, don't drink caffiene, don't eat a lot of carbs or sweets, listen to positive/relaxing music, talk to positive people, eat some soup (because there is nothing worse than trying to relax on an empty stomach) and breatheeeeeee. Set up your environment to force you to relax. That's what I do when I am stressed. It helps tremendously.

Thank you you are very helpful the bad thing is that I'm hard headed and if one thing sticks to my head I just think about it and over analyze things and get into depression mode and I won't relax till I don't see anymore symptoms and know what's really wrong with me

Well I went in to see another Dr and she just examined me and she said the bumps I had were probably from the yeast infection I have but she was like whatever about like she just looked from afar and to come back when one week after I finished my yeast infection medication

I'm really trying to relax but its so hard when you feel all kind of symptoms for a whole month its so hard for me

well i had posted a lot more in this post and for some reason, it didn't in my last post. Just posted with nothing.

What i had said in it was, I suspected you have anxiety in general and you are projecting your anxiety onto possibly having herpes, with actually no solid reason to think so. you need to relax. Anna pretty much said it best, her and Dancer are better than I at the lovey dovey stuff, I tend to me more of a straight shooter and I believe you are just looking for something to be anxious about. People with anxiety, myself included, tend to look at every situation and blow it up, because we need something to pin point our anxiety on. Only until I went through the worst years of my life and into my 30s, did I start to chill out some. I still have my moments, but I usually can sleep it off. When I was in my teens and through out my 20s, there was just no calming until I had validation for anything in front of my face. My best friend that is like a mother said to me once when I was in my 20s, was: I swear to God!!! You are not happy unless you find something to be anxious about! She was so right (not the happy part of course.. she was just expressing how I look for anything to worry about), because if everything was going smooth in my life in my younger years, I felt uneasy that it could be nothing is wrong and looked for something to stress about that could be a problem, but had no evidence to prove it was actually a problem.

You need to relax.

@2Legit2Quit That is very true. People often project their feelings onto something else. It is clear that @Luna1088 has to overcome anxiety and depression in general. I would say that needs to be a focus for you Luna because honestly that is much more serious than HSV. These things can get out of hand. So really take in what 2Legit said and maybe do a little self reflecting. It never hurts to analyze ourselves to find out what in our life is helping us or hindering us. Regardless though, you really need to find some kind of distraction or something that will bring you joy. I LOVE dancing and it has helped me a lot. I didn't let my diagnosis stop me. I kept dancing and it made me realize that nothing has changed. I am still me. Even though you have some annoying symptoms, you are still you. So work on being a stronger and better you :)

@Anna01 @2legit2quit you guys are right I'm not gonna lie I am going thru depression with everything that's happening to me I don't know how to relax I just feel like it's messing with my life I don't know if I can handle it...thank you for hearing me out but I just don't know what to do anymore I hate feeling like this

I think you don't give yourself enough credit. You ARE handling this. It is a very difficult situation and a lot of people avoid their truth forever. What you are doing takes courage. It really does and you need to recognize what that means. You want to take care of your body. You want to know what you need to do. You care. That is a great thing. So many people have no clue what stds they have because they are too scared to face any scary results but you are tenacious and you are trying to get to the bottom of it. That is awesome in my opinion! Now you need to just work on self control. Work on controlling your nerves and finally realize that you CAN handle this and anything else that comes your way. You ARE handling it already but you let all the what ifs and the possibilities get the better of you. So focus on the now. Take one day at a time and try to make each day count. Focus on something else. Just try. What hobbies do you have?

@Anna01 thank you..I've always been like that always worried about my health with anything little thing I would go get checked make sure everything was ok ...and I never would ignore whenever I didn't feel like myself, since I started having sex I would always make sure I did an std screening every year I just wouldn't want anyone to go thru this I don't care who it is no one deserves this

I don't have any hobbies right now but I'm about to sign up for school soon and start exercising maybe that will distract me a bit

@luna1088 Perhaps you can call speak to the nurse or dr to get the results instead of waiting till september. They really shouldn't expect you to wait that long. The stress of waiting, worrying is really affecting you. Hair loss is definite sign. Tell the doctors office what the stress of waiting is doing to you. Demand it girl. In my gyno experiences the only doctor who wanted me to come in for the results wanted to bill the insurance for the visit. Especially if they are a one man operation.

Another option, if you know what lab they or you used, you can go onto that lab's website to get your results. Lab Corp is a perfect example. The doctor who kept having me come back in wouldn't release my paps test results because I called him out on his doings. So I had to call lab corp to have them fax the results to my new gyno. They faxed because it takes 3 days after the results are in to be posted on the site.

Far as distraction from anxiety, you need to occupy your mind. I suffer from panic/anxiety attacks which have lasted for several hours. I found that food shopping (mind stimulating activity) helped tremendiously because I had to concentrate on what I was doing. One would think the gym or something similiar. As a gym goer, I found it didn't distracted my mind. While on the treadmill I would still cry even doing weights no matter how intense. Funny writing this is is distracting my mind from the anxiety attack I was having from a decision forced upon me yesterday. So thank you for helping me.

Good luck. Every problem has a solution.

@StillMeButWiser I did call and I told her if I can go as a walk in to get my results and she said no that I had to wait for my appointment unless I'm sick I could do walk in and I have an appt for my obgyn on the 12 but I don't think she'll have my results there

I tried looking on the labs website but i need a log in to log in but doesn't let me register so yeah I don't know if they will be able to release my results

Well usually when I'm around family I will get a little relief and when I'm not home I distracted I just wish I live next to the beach I think that would help as well....mornings is when I'm usually anxious the most

No thank you for the advice hopefully at the end everything comes out ok I'm hoping for negative results

Honey ... I wish I could come there and hug you and tell you that no matter what the results are, you will be FINE. I've had H for over 35 yrs and it's really just a minor issue for me... yes I had some times early on that weren't a lot of fun, but really I've had other life events that were FAR more difficult to live with/through. I look at the lives of those around me and I realize just how lucky I am. I have several friends with severe chronic Lyme Disease (makes Herpes look like a walk in the park, believe me!), various Autoimmune diseases (my step brother has Crohns Disease... he is constantly sick and in the Dr's office), chronic pain from Automobile accidents, and soooooo many other chronic issues that make my challenges from Herpes just plain laughable.

Have you ever been in therapy for your anxiety/hypochondria issues? Because personally, what you are going through from that is going to damage your body and mind FAR more than Herpes ever will... and it will also damage your relationships FAR more than Herpes will. You want to find someone who will work on coping skills with you so that when you start to obsess on something, you have ways to distract your mind. Right now, obsessing is a habit ... and habits can be broken.... working on teaching your brain to behave differently is VERY possible with the help of a well trained therapist.

And as for your clinic, there is NO reason for them to have you wait so long for those results. Time to find another Dr/clinic. AND ... time for you to learn to stand up for yourself and insist that you want your results and if necessary, call every day until you get a result. The squeaky wheel gets the grease .. and believe me, you bug them enough, they will find a way to get you your results ;)

Thank you I really wish I had someone that has gone thru this cuz to me it feels like the end of the world I wish I can turn back time and never did what I did to get to this point I was happy with my life till now in this position that I am but you're right there is way worse thing that can happen and that people are going thru

And no I've never seen a therapist of any kind but if the diagnostics is positive I'm sure I will need one to cope with this its just too much for me to go thru this alone.

Also how long those irritation take cuz ive been having irritation in different part of my lady bits in the beginning of this week the irritation was on the right side of labia and it was red now it on the left side by the vagina opening when I touch it it hurts and its really red and I finish the yeast infection medication about 3 days ago but irritation keeps moving to different places its kinda frustrating when will it go away?

And yes I have an appt at my obgyn on wed I asked if they can get my results so my obgyn can look at them to determine why I'm getting so many reaccuring BV and yeast infections hopefully they were able to fax them over @WCSDancer2010

Hate to say it but out lady-bits can be a real pain in the ass sometimes ...LOL

I went through a number of years where I had *something* going on ... initially I was being told that it was yeast infections ... but I wouldn't doubt that I had BV or that it was actually H acting up ... back then the info and diagnosis was even crappier than it is now, and I think that often it's a combination of a lot of things that causes all these symptoms (and when we are secually active, there's even MORE things to cause irritation like the lubes, condoms, even our sexual partners fluids) ...

I'm going to put all of the links to the various things that help us when we have H to get it to settle down ... and I would venture to say that all of these will be helpful no matter what is going on... in addition, get on a good probiotic and reduce sugar intake for the moment in case it's yeast ... and certainly try the Epsom Salts baths and keeping the area dry ... that alone can do wonders for pretty much any issue down there ;)

Treatments/medications

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/6024/dealing-with-outbreaks#latest includes links below

http://supporttruthanddialog.com/easy-simple-self-help-tips-for-relief-from-herpes-outbreaks/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/4810/bactine-for-oral-and-even-genital-herpes

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-treatment/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-medication/

http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/genital-ulcers.htm#hsv

Links to some of the items suggested in the links

http://amzn.to/1CHUzZE Link to Alum

http://tinyurl.com/Aloecream

http://amzn.to/1F10r3V Fractionated Coconut Oil

http://bit.ly/zincsoap Zinc Soap with coconut oil

http://bit.ly/Zinccream

http://tinyurl.com/bactine

http://tinyurl.com/Oragelsgldose

http://tinyurl.com/DMSO4HSV

@WCSDancer2010 yes they can well all these issues started 3 weeks after the second time I had protected sex with a new partner and at the same time I douche and felt a sting when I douched and got off birth control as well so a lot of things went on but didn't think it was gonna be recurrent like I'm having it come back that's why I kinda figured it was H but haven't gotten my blood work yet to confirm

It's been about 1-2 weeks that I've had these new symptoms but feels like I've been having symptoms since about a month already so it's kinda weird to me that symptoms last so long

Thank you for the links I'm gonna try them cuz this irritation is getting annoying

Also when I was younger and got chicken pox I actually got them on my genitals as well it's that normal when you get chicken pox?

Yeast and BV can be VERY difficult to get rid of... and if you have an active sexual partner, it can be even harder as you often need to get THEM treated at the same time or they just keep passing it back to you. The vagina is a perfect place for these things to hide and fester even through treatments ... so it can take several rounds to get rid of them.

And I can't remember if I already said this, but PLEASE, get to either an OBGYN or Planned Parenthood and not a GP or clinic for this stuff... you need the "Vaginas R Us" Dr, not the the Walmart Dr or the Quick Check Dr for female issues ;)

And Chicken Pox won't have anything to do with this .... if you get a recurrence of that Herpes virus, it will come out as Shingles and believe me, you don't want that one .... :(

I actually haven't been sexually active since about a month ago and just recently yesterday I messed around with someone no sex just fingers (sorry if its tmi) and it got super irritated and my clitoris got super sensitive and red could it be a start of an outbreak since I've been having these symptoms for almost 2 months but just recently got worse and I've been having these symptoms for about 2 weeks now

Yes you did I have an appt tmrw and hopefully I get my test results as well to know my status for sure I'm hoping for a negative result