• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Went for it!

Soooooo as many of you know, I have someone I am extremely interested in. I met him when he was visiting/working here for awhile. He lives in a different state but we immediately clicked and spent the most amazzzing three days together. I was in heaven. We crossed no physical boundaries and just connected mentally and emotionally. We have maintained contact ever since and become closer and closer. I got tested when I met him because I wanted to be certain of what I was dealing with before really going for this connection. Unfortunately, I found out my ex did indeed give me H :( So naturally I was imagining countless ways of how I was going to tell him and his possible reactions. Even though I had minor doubts, my knowledge of who he is trumped it all. I knew he was a man of depth and I had a strong feeling he would accept me but you know how it is....there is always that small doubt.

Well I am going to see him this weekend so I was thinking a lot yesterday about whether or not I wanted to tell him in person, over the phone, email or not at all. I drafted and edited an email several times lol but it was never good enough. My Mom told me, you need to talk to him. You guys have great communication so just tell him. So we were on the phone for a few hours last night and I felt the courage to tell him. So I did. He was so amazing it just further confirmed what I had been feeling this whole time. He truly is so amazing and I feel blessed to know him at all. He told me that he respects me more for telling him and he admires me as a woman. He doesn't feel any different about me and wants to continue getting to know me more. This doesn't change anything between us :) He actually dated a woman for a year who was H+ but he was still negative. I still want him to get tested before we go all the way. Just so we know exactly what we both have going on haha. He said who I am far outweighs this and he is sorry this happened to me.

I just want to cry tears of joy because I feel so happy that he is who I thought he was. I don't know what the future holds but I am going live for today and enjoy every moment. I have faith that what is meant to be will be. I just wanted to share this to show people that a real connection will surpass any stupid stigma associated with H. True love awaits. If you are hiding from life, how will you ever find it :) Have a great day everyone.

XOXO

This is such a great story to hear!

This reminded me of a quote where my username comes from. The full text can be found here: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/01/nothing-good-gets-away.html, but it's a letter from John Steinbeck to his son when his son realizes he is in love with a girl at boarding school but doesn't know how to tell her:

There are several kinds of love. One is a selfish, mean, grasping, egotistical thing which uses love for self-importance. This is the ugly and crippling kind. The other is an outpouring of everything good in you—of kindness and consideration and respect—not only the social respect of manners but the greater respect which is recognition of another person as unique and valuable. The first kind can make you sick and small and weak but the second can release in you strength, and courage and goodness and even wisdom you didn’t know you had.

And don’t worry about losing. If it is right, it happens—The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.

It's so amazing to hear stories of love, support and understanding. Of course no one can tell the future, but "if it is right, it happens." Right here, right now for you, this is right and this is happening. Embrace and love it for all it's worth. What is good and right in your life will stay. And then next great thing is going to come and be right and keep happening.

<3

Doing the Happy Dance over here! Soooo happy for you! And good on your mom telling you to do the disclosure on the phone rather than written. I firmly believe it's the best way (phone if you cant do face to face). Written words can't convey how much you care for them, both for their health, and for their acceptance. And I think it's important for the other person to hear that in your voice...

Proud of you sister!

@NothingGoodGetsAway Thank you so much. I have to admit I am still kind of nervous that he might randomly freak out lol but it is my own insecurity. I know he is so amazing and if we are meant to be together, it will be. I try my very best not to dwell on doubt and fear but hey my period just started and pms is no friend of mine haha. Thank you for sharing that letter :) No truer statement than Nothing Good Gets Away. Wonderful.

@WCSDancer2010 Thank you! I am happy too! :) I thank my Mom everyday for how awesome and encouraging she is. She is a wise woman. Face to face was my preferred method but I was going to have to drive 4 hours to see him and my imagination ran a little bit. I was like "How horrible would it be to drive 4 hours back after rejection." lol Although I didn't feel like he would ever react in a horrible or rude way. Phone was a great option and it just felt like the right time. He has told me some secret parts of himself so I felt comfortable doing the same. I am just grateful right now. Thank you for all of the wise advice you give XOXO

@2Legit2Quit Today actually :) I was feeling the most minute feeling of whatever yesterday. He literally text me write after I wrote you and we had the most playful conversation. Nothing has changed with our chemistry thus far and I am just going to relax and go with the flow.