• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just Some General Venting

I'm about 15 months out, and feel like I am still constantly battling this crap. My vagina hasn't felt normal in almost 5 months. I do a lot to maintain my health and have many different stress reduction techniques, but just can't seem to get a handle. I am taking 1000 mg of valcyclovoir, but that only seems to do so much. Wondering if I should just go off of it and let my body take the lead, but then I am afraid it will get worse. I did really well for a while, but now, not so much. I moved and started a new job recently, but I've also been cognizant of resting and making sure I have fun and relaxing stuff to do as well. I know it's not really a big deal, but I just want to feel normal for a while. Can I expect this to ever calm down? Or is this going to be a constant? So frustrated.

No telling hun.. For the vast majority, it's not a big deal and then fkr very few of us, it is. I'm 16 mo ths out and I still have never been the same and have constant symptoms. I take daily meda as well. I quit meds in Feb to see what my body would do and I developed deep anal fisures, but they didn't hurt, hut wouldn't go away for the ko ths not on meds. Then when I did any physical activity, I dvwekoped chronic fatigue severely. I knew at that point, I had to get back on. Although I have constant symptoms on meds, they weren't that bad. It's up to you to give it a shot. May I ask how old you are? Do you have any underlying health issues or autoimmune issues? Do you have 1 or 2?

Yes, things calmed down for me since quitting coffee. Not all gone, but I was having constant and noticeable obs. It's worth a shot. I will say, the two weeks of headaches was not that pleasant. I may still have it a couple times a week. I switched to those refresher drinks at Starbucks that have caffeine and it doesn't seem to have caused am issue thus far.