• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The H issue in Southamerica is a big deal.

Honey - I think you are really kidding yourself here

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/

and this

"The highest HSV-2 prevalence in Central or South America—60%—has been found in Colombian middle-aged women, although similar HSV-2 prevalence has been observed in younger women in Haiti (54%). HSV-2 infects about 30% of women over 30 years old in Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Panama."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_herpes_simplex

European countries are significantly smaller and don't have the stigma that the US has. Although we're a big country, we're separated by states, just like countries in south america are by countries, so it's not like we're leaving our state we reside in very often. Small towns in America, have the same issue. Nobody wants to have H and nobody likes having to disclose. It has a huge stigma here in America. It's always the butt of jokes in our movies and w our comedian's.

Well.... Lets say I broke out with my girlfriend...Hope to good not. I go back to Colombia. Theres and ( h) opportunity website? Theres literature on how to disclosed, how to date? Theres H communities like in the States? No. Its a fact. In the U.S, there is more a support system than Colombia!!!! Plus I come from a smal town in Bogota where everybody knows each other. Here in the states I live in south california, theres plenty of places to go, plenty of people to see, more people with H, more chances to have dates. If ( lets hope not) broke out with my girlfriend i would start date people with my same h condition, so we can have sex without condoms. I dont like them.

I don't know if it's so much because it's us having more support here, as it is, we are more advanced in technology than south america and have more funding. @adrial came up w this site on his own and pays put of pocket expenses. He's not getting funding from the government for this. This was someone who was brave enough to be totally out to help other's and create a community to help those of us w it and help defeat the stigma.

Of you live out in the country in the states or live in the Midwest here, you have the same issues that you deal w in your small town. You can't compare a state like California to the rest of this country.

The city I live in, is what you'd calm a big small city and it includes the surrounding cities. Of i look at a friends page on fb, I always find tons of mutual friends and then friends of mine, friends w aa mutual friend of a friend of a friend. We are allconnectedrallconnected here at my age, as we're in our 30s-40s and single and most w out kids. All those in that age range in this tei-bay area I live, are connected to one another in some fashion, because most are married w kids. So I still hd the same e fear as you.

W that said, if you have always had these scabs, then I don't know why you think you have H. Also I was thinking about it last night about what you said about your sex chemistry w your gf and felt maybe I should give a very honest feedback to you about it. May I suggest that maybe addressing your hygiene issues, may help w that sexual chemistry issue? I've had gfs of mine complain about me having stinky balls. Nobody wants to sleep w soneone who doesn't have good hygiene.

jajajajjaaj thanks for that feedback. The possibility of maybe having H, has make think about a lot stuff about my sexuality and how to came with the chance of open realtionships, with boundries of course, lots and lots of boundries. Well Ill refrase, its more easy to have H, if you leave in some parts of the east coast or west coast. There would be no Ellen Dawson in Fayetville Arkansas, believe me!!!

I date an H- person, and we take precautions - I take daily suppressive (Valtrex) medication to reduce the shedding that the virus does (shedding is where the virus chills on the skin but doesn't cause an outbreak), and we use condoms. I know you mention you don't like condoms, but it's possible to have a relationship with someone that you trust without them...it will just take time...

I would think that one reason that you're only now feeling like the scabs are herpes comes from guilt. I've seen it alot (and I'm a "guilty" party too) - where we feel like we did something wrong, and that we are now getting penalized for it. It's tough, but you should realize that your mind can play tricks on you, and especially if your conscience is getting the better of you!