• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do high numbers indicate a recent herpes infection?

I tested positive for HSV-1 through an IGG test with a number of 57.2 H at my college health center. I asked the PA there and she told me the high numbers probably indicate a recent infection. I've done a lot of research and it seems that the time of infection cannot be determined by a blood test. I am in no way a professional and I don't want to undermine her opinion, but could someone give me some clarity on this?

I've also been infected with hsv1 and 2 for a very long time, and have even told by several professionals a positive result is a positive result, end of subject...he only way to tell a recent infection is if you have a negative result, then test again and sero convert to positive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @ScaredandConfused98, I just found out recently and diagnosed with HSV2 with 3.21 IgG. I too am looking for answers but these numbers must relate to an old infection as the last sexual partner I had besides my wife was over 15 years ago, and my wife has tested negative. Hope we both can find the answers & peace we're looking for, best of luck to you.