• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can you live a normal life with herpes? YES you can!

Woke up this morning and checked my e-mail.. a post from Adrial. Then it hit me, I haven't been active on the forum for quite some time now, just been stopping by from time to time (Thanks Adrial:) Not because I have forgotten you guys, but because I a few months ago started getting my life on track both in my head and body, and just needed a break from the whole H topic.

As I have written earlier, I was getting outbreaks constantly over the first year, one overlapping the other! It teared me down to the point where I almost shut completely off. 26 years old, no kids, single.. what was going to happen now?! New year came, and with it came the white beautifull snow, and a new state of mind decided to tag along. I refused to let this simple little virus drag me down anymore!!

My head was filled with a year of experience, and I started summing up what triggered, when and why. I like being social, going out for drinks and fun with friends is one of my favorite thing. This, along with the stressfull life at school, work and just constantly thinking about the herpes ... I realised I was giving it the feeding it wanted!

The change needed to happen.. taking a deeper look into my lifestyle, it came down to alcohol, food, stress and most of all; the way my head was twisted in the herpes roller coaster, and how to get out of it. It did make a different that I got a amazing doctor as well, but the change needed to happen in ME. My space of freedom became the wilderness, mountains and nature. Every weekend I had off from work I went to my cottage, just breathing the fresh air and falling in love with the beautiful pictures nature has to offer. I changed my diet, though I have always been eating relatively healthy, I still needed to make a few changes. Vitamins became a part of it, too. I hit the gym 5-6 days a week, and when I know Im going out for some drinks, I start taking supressives a few days before, and stop a few days after (This is the only time I take supressives). With this, the weeks went on outbreak free, and slowly my head followed and the healing process of the emotional scars the past year had left could start. So now, three months and counting :)

I am happy, really happy.. I think getting back into that happy place and just beeing able to smile is the best medicine you could get. So yes, you can, too :)

With this I wish you all wonderfull people a wondefull weekend :)

:) I'm so happy hearing this, NotAlone. Thanks for checking back in with our community. I've been wondering how you've been doing. Here's to happiness!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you so much for your post NotAlone. What a gorgeous story of healing and transformation. I am in awe of your journey and so very happy for you. Your beauty and strength shine through in your writing and I am so happy to hear how very well you are doing. What a lovely inspiration! Wish you much love and many blessings!

Brenda xo