• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

i have alot of questions. please read. please help.

im a proud united states army vet. 

i did my time, honorably and now the VA told me i have HSV2. now comes the problems and i want to know if anyone else had the same.

i am in denial. the VA is notorious for being a total shit show. 

can it develop into HIV or cancer on its own if left untreated??

is it possible for my body to completely beat the virus assuming i do have it?

i was sucidal before, because of my experiences. i dont think this will help me at all. the depression has amplified ten fold. 

im fat, hairy, bald, bow legged, rapidly deteriorating body, and now i have hsv2 as well. i dont see a point in living besides my dog. in fact, at this point if i wasnt around the world would be better off. if i knew someone could love my dog as much as me or better i would move on. but i digress. 

the message i got was that my agG was positive but REF was negative. what does that mean? from what i was reading they can tell i have the virus but not where, oral or gentile. which is another reason im in denial and ive never had an outbreak at all. 

i gave a blood and urine sample if that means anything. 

if i didnt have my dog i would have moved on by now. so if your thinking of reporting me, just understand that I AM OKAY as long as my dog is still breathing i have a purpose.  

so please talk to me. i just need some conversation from those more experienced then me..

if this ends up just being false, my entire perspective on life will have changed..

Hi dogdad

Firstly respect to you as all Army vets deserve!

Herpes can not turn into HIV or Cancer, it is Herpes an overrated skin problem.
No it is not possible for your body to beat the virus it is in you for life, just as chicken pox is.

The trouble for you is that blood tests are unreliable & as you never have an outbreak, you can not get a culture swab,
sounds like you are asymptomatic (you carry HSV-2 but don't have symptoms, OB's)

Trust me the world would not be a better place without you, people like you who are brave & did their country proud
are the source of the earth, a rare breed, wish there were more like you!

Can you get some help, counselling, do the army not provide that for their vets because I think that would be a good thing for you.

Your dog is a very lucky dog, to have you, stay strong, keep going, you will get better with time.

Wish you the Best

Hi, Dog Dad!

I feel like I can really sympathize with you. I was diagnosed with severe depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I went through a lot this summer with my mental health. A lot of it had to do with my ex (the father of my child). We got back together recently and he gave me HSV2. If it were not for my son I do not think I could make it through this. However, we have to remember that our lives are more than a virus. Our lives are more than a skin condition. At the end of the day, this does not cause any serious health concerns if you take care of your body. I am doing A LOT to combat mine. I have had one OB, which was very mild. If you ever want to talk, let me know. I am here for you. I have felt very alone in all of this and I never want anyone else to feel that way. 

I would also recommend talking to a doctor about your testing. There are so many ways to get tested for H so understanding your test and how they did it is important. 

Dog dad,

Please know you mean more to someone than you realize.  I do pro-bono work with the wounded warrior project and we do counseling for veterans.  I am not a counselor, but I work with many talented individuals who are experienced with Ptsd and combat vets.  Please contact us at www.woundedwarriorproject.com and one of our counselors can help you for free.  22 combat vetrans per day comit suicide. The statistic is horrible, but it shows your feelings are not singular.  Break the mold...come talk to us and show you are not a statistic.  You are wanted in this world. You have purpose.  Maybe it’s been to help here on our Forum once you understand your diagnosis.  We need leaders.  God bless

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Amando said:

Hi dogdad

Firstly respect to you as all Army vets deserve!

Herpes can not turn into HIV or Cancer, it is Herpes an overrated skin problem.
No it is not possible for your body to beat the virus it is in you for life, just as chicken pox is.

The trouble for you is that blood tests are unreliable & as you never have an outbreak, you can not get a culture swab,
sounds like you are asymptomatic (you carry HSV-2 but don't have symptoms, OB's)

Trust me the world would not be a better place without you, people like you who are brave & did their country proud
are the source of the earth, a rare breed, wish there were more like you!

Can you get some help, counselling, do the army not provide that for their vets because I think that would be a good thing for you.

Your dog is a very lucky dog, to have you, stay strong, keep going, you will get better with time.

Wish you the Best

im going to have another blood test, im just in denial even more now. blood tests are unreliable and the VA is unreliable 

in a world of over 7 billion people, i just feel like the planet might live on another couple minutes without one man. let alone one infected man. 

im in group therapy 3 times a week, and i have one on one therapy once a week. but its not helping. sometimes it just reminds me of the bad..

my dog is unlucky, im the lucky one. i dont deserve him. but i have to try to be good enough for him.

2 hours ago, organicmama said:

Hi, Dog Dad!

I feel like I can really sympathize with you. I was diagnosed with severe depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I went through a lot this summer with my mental health. A lot of it had to do with my ex (the father of my child). We got back together recently and he gave me HSV2. If it were not for my son I do not think I could make it through this. However, we have to remember that our lives are more than a virus. Our lives are more than a skin condition. At the end of the day, this does not cause any serious health concerns if you take care of your body. I am doing A LOT to combat mine. I have had one OB, which was very mild. If you ever want to talk, let me know. I am here for you. I have felt very alone in all of this and I never want anyone else to feel that way. 

I would also recommend talking to a doctor about your testing. There are so many ways to get tested for H so understanding your test and how they did it is important. 

at the end of the day you have your child, and nothing more should matter, you have a purpose and im happy for you. your life is more then just a virus. you have your boy. im just a walking cancer on society.. though hsv2 may not be a serious health concern it raises the risk of catching HIV ive read by 2 and ive read by 3. i dont know how i would contact you. i feel extremely alone. and this will make everything worse. 

1 hour ago, OBmarina said:

Dog dad,

Please know you mean more to someone than you realize.  I do pro-bono work with the wounded warrior project and we do counseling for veterans.  I am not a counselor, but I work with many talented individuals who are experienced with Ptsd and combat vets.  Please contact us at www.woundedwarriorproject.com and one of our counselors can help you for free.  22 combat vetrans per day comit suicide. The statistic is horrible, but it shows your feelings are not singular.  Break the mold...come talk to us and show you are not a statistic.  You are wanted in this world. You have purpose.  Maybe it’s been to help here on our Forum once you understand your diagnosis.  We need leaders.  God bless

i am not wanted in this world. that much i can promise you. no friends or family. all i have is my canine companion. maybe my purpose was served. its felt that way since i took the uniform off. i am many statistics at this point..its 22 brave souls a day. but if i join them it would be 21 brave souls a day and one worthless SOB. saving one ..

@dogdad, Hello sir, you mention that you have never had an outbreak right??  Look at the index value for you IGG result.  If it is below 3.5 it may be a false positive and (per the CDC) you would need a confirmatory test (which is the Western Blot).  If the index value for your IGG result is over 3.5 then it's likely your are HSV2 positive, especially the higher the index value goes.  However, it appears that in recent times some folks are receiving positive IGG results for HSV2 with index values over 3.5, but when they obtain the Western Blot they turn out to be negative.  A good source for all this is Terri Warren over at westoverheights.com, I'd say it is worth looking into it since you have never had an outbreak.  

2 hours ago, New2GH said:

@dogdad, Hello sir, you mention that you have never had an outbreak right??  Look at the index value for you IGG result.  If it is below 3.5 it may be a false positive and (per the CDC) you would need a confirmatory test (which is the Western Blot).  If the index value for your IGG result is over 3.5 then it's likely your are HSV2 positive, especially the higher the index value goes.  However, it appears that in recent times some folks are receiving positive IGG results for HSV2 with index values over 3.5, but when they obtain the Western Blot they turn out to be negative.  A good source for all this is Terri Warren over at westoverheights.com, I'd say it is worth looking into it since you have never had an outbreak.  

the information i got did not include an IGG result, it was informal over email. i assume ill be getting the results in the mail which will show everything. 

because i got the rest of the testings in the mail. they just said it takes 2 weeks to get herpes back but it wasnt two weeks before i was told.