• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What's going on?!

in March I met a new partner, during our first fumble I bled so we stopped...no oral or penile penetration just fingers.

4 days later I felt very itchy and had discharge, treated over the counter for yeast infection. A couple of days after this a few spots appeared either side of my panty line and a cut at the top of the labia. I also had 'flu' like symptoms.

unfortunately due to the snow we had I could nt get to a clinic for a couple of days... When I went the spots were virtually gone she said they looked nothing like herpes, she swabbed the cut that came back negative.

since all of this i have 24/7 tingling burning or nerve/vulva pain.. Drs aren't taking me seriously. I've seen so many! 

today a small spot appeared (first since March) gone straight to clinic, she said doesn't look like herpes but did swab it.. I'll know in 7 days...

6 hours ago, Tinkerbellla said:

Yeah I'm expecting it to come back positive..

If anybody could shed some light on the continual vulva/nerve pain that would great

In my personal experience, that nerve pain means I'm shedding the virus. These days, I  just take my antivirals but before I was medicated, that nerve pain almost always resulted in an outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Tinkerbellla said:

The thing is it’s been constant every day for nearly 7 months.. surely that’s not normal?

No it isn't normal, and having a swab test on it coming back negative suggests it might not be herpes as well. Did you get a full STI panel? Check for other infections or just herpes?