• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

4 weeks post exposure...

I'm sorry I post so much in here, and still don't know my diagnosis. I'm scared, and it helps to come here and converse with people that understand the fear. 

My question is this... I know all over the internet, it says different time frames for when to test... 

I got my igG tested exactly 4 weeks after my possible exposure. It was negative. Hadn't risen a single point, since the last time I had it done... .2, with anything under .91 being negative. 

Should I even hold my breath over this result? Is it completely irrelevant? Or can I take it as a good sign? Has anybody had a similar situation to mine, where it turned out differently later on? 

Every bump, red mark, zit, has me on edge. If it is, it is what it is, I'll figure out acceptance, and move on. But the hardest part for me at this point, is the not knowing. My vagina hasn't felt well in a month, basically since I found out. I've had two spots that were scary to me, and both swabbed day I found them, both came back negative. I've got an area on the crease of my thigh that feels uncomfortable? But nothing more than that, although it looks like it could be a little red, but where the underwear line would be? I think I"m just psyching myself out, at least I hope that's all it is. I have a BV infection that recurred from last month too, so that isn't helping down there fell any better... And typically it's a back and forth battle between BV and Yeast. It's like you fix one, only to get the other 😞

I just want to feel like myself again 😞😞😞 The worry has completely changed me. 

Thank you all for your constant support and responses. 

Mine came back negative 8 weeks after exposure 

swab test negative at 9 days post exposure but swab positive after 8 weeks

didnt swab a lesion because gyno said she didn’t see a thing but I was experiencing nerve pain and slight discomfort so asked her to do general inside vaginanswab

the only thing that looks like an outbreak is that I had redness in the area in a form of a circle, not at all elevated.

not sure if this changes the way the virus presents itself but I have GHSV1 and the redness has been there for a few weeks but I just started taking antivirals since this is quite a long outbreak and though the nerve pain is bearable it’s annoying and the itchiness has sucked too

33 minutes ago, herpnerve said:

didnt swab a lesion because gyno said she didn’t see a thing but I was experiencing nerve pain and slight discomfort so asked her to do general inside vaginanswab

the only thing that looks like an outbreak is that I had redness in the area in a form of a circle, not at all elevated.

not sure if this changes the way the virus presents itself but I have GHSV1 and the redness has been there for a few weeks but I just started taking antivirals since this is quite a long outbreak and though the nerve pain is bearable it’s annoying and the itchiness has sucked too

Your what came back negative after 8 weeks? IGG? IGM? Swab test?

1 hour ago, MissGuided said:

Also, I know general rule of thumb is 12-14 weeks, because it takes time for antibodies to form, but STDcheck.com says 4-6 weeks. Just hoping maybe I can breath a little easier right now, but guessing not... 

At 4 weeks it's like 50/50 for antibodies, so it's not a good indicator. Sorry. At 8 weeks, you're looking more at 90% chance you have developed antibodies, but that 10% still means you'd need to get tested again at 12 weeks. 

31 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Your what came back negative after 8 weeks? IGG? IGM? Swab test?

Not sure if IGG or IGM because my gyno calls to give results and results aren’t available online. I didn’t think to ask which blood test it was since swab was positive and that’s pretty definitive.

All I know is: swab positive, blood negative after 8 weeks

5 hours ago, Alisonbr said:

I had a swab at two weeks and they gave me a blood test to see if it was a recent exposure and my doc said it was a recent exposure 

That likely means your blood was still negative and swab was positive.

that is how they determine how recently you were exposed 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 3:57 PM, herpnerve said:

Just curious, how many weeks did you have your first blood test done that was negative, that was negative, and do you know your values? I hit 7.5 weeks post exposure last week, did blood work, and it’s maintained the same value, 0.06. Both my doctor and my obgyn said that even if it was still negative, if I did have hsv2, the values would of at least started to go up by now, even if just slightly. So I’m curious about others, when they got tested, and what their values were. I was tested at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 7.5 weeks, and I’ll go back at 12. Still stressed, even though both my doctor and obgyn are saying at this point to not worry. do you remember your values when you got tested at the 8 week mark? 

On 10/19/2018 at 4:33 PM, Ishmael said:

At 4 weeks it's like 50/50 for antibodies, so it's not a good indicator. Sorry. At 8 weeks, you're looking more at 90% chance you have developed antibodies, but that 10% still means you'd need to get tested again at 12 weeks. 

Hey there, I tested at 7.5 weeks and it was still 0.06 value, do you feel now that this is more a 90% chance of remaining negative? I’m still going to get checked at 12 weeks as well. 

2 hours ago, MissGuided said:

Just curious, how many weeks did you have your first blood test done that was negative, that was negative, and do you know your values? I hit 7.5 weeks post exposure last week, did blood work, and it’s maintained the same value, 0.06. Both my doctor and my obgyn said that even if it was still negative, if I did have hsv2, the values would of at least started to go up by now, even if just slightly. So I’m curious about others, when they got tested, and what their values were. I was tested at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 7.5 weeks, and I’ll go back at 12. Still stressed, even though both my doctor and obgyn are saying at this point to not worry. do you remember your values when you got tested at the 8 week mark? 

I wasn’t told values, unfortunately, just that I was still negative because my body had not formed antibodies at that point. 

3 hours ago, MissGuided said:

Hey there, I tested at 7.5 weeks and it was still 0.06 value, do you feel now that this is more a 90% chance of remaining negative? I’m still going to get checked at 12 weeks as well. 

I'm not a doctor,, but yeah, I'd put that at about 80 to 90% chance of staying negative, even more since it was your second test. Usually people that don't seroconvert in the first 8 weeks have something a bit weird with their immune system.