• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Idk who needs to hear this but...

I don't know who needs to hear this but, everything is going to be OK. I'm about a month in of finding out about my Hsv Stat. I, like most people who come here for community, was devasted. I cried, felt worthless and dirty, thought who would want me all that! I'm so happy to report that I'm on the other side now. The best thing I did was confide in some trusted friends and my mom, who all shrugged it off like "girl, that's all?!" After I did some intense research, I felt so much better. The biggest step in all of this was being OK with me though. Of nothing else, this made me reexamine myself and how I really feel about me. The diagnosis brought to surface some deep shit I didn't know I was harboring. I'm working through that now, but I have to say, I feel so much better. Once you do the research and realize how common it is and how it's nobody's fault, especially yours, and how many people have it and don't know, it kind of normalizes it. Trust me, I'm a control freak perfectionist, and I'm on the other side now!! I will say, my first disclosure didn't go well. I told my last partner. I told him 2 days after I found out. I haven't heard from him since. But that brings me back to the how I feel about me bit. His reaction just reassured me that because I was having self esteem issues that I hadn't addressed, I was attracting and accepting the type of person who would write me completely off after 10yrs. I needed his response to be what it was so I could really go through all the stages of grief for what I thought was my sex life, but what is turning out to be, a version of me who didn't value herself enough. I feel so much better now and you will too. Allow yourself time to process everything and go through the motions but trust me, it's something so beautiful on the other side. 

• Like 6

Perfectly stated! I'm in this almost 40 years....was in my early 20's when I found out. Hvs2!!! What the hell??  I went through all the emotions as well. I had all positive disclosures which led to the man I've been with 22 years now. He is negative!!! We are careful! Just wanted to say I've lived and still am living a great life full of travel, friends and family😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...