• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosed... Didn’t Work Out & It’s Okay To Talk About

Well, I really liked this guy. Probably the most amazing & genuine connection I’ve ever experienced in my life. One of those fairy tale, cliche types of feels for this boy.

i knew having the talk with him was going to be hard. He was the first person that I wanted to date since being diagnosed so it was terrifying. He made the process so easy. Told me that it didn’t change the way he felt towards me and that he still really really liked me. Score. I thought the hardest part was over.

I think it was, but maybe i’m just being a little dramatic with my feelings here but, now i’m hurt. A week goes by and his feelings change; his worried about it and what it’ll do to his body. Totally fair and understandable. But he wants to think about it more. I lose it. Cause I can’t sit around and wait for someone to decide my worth if they have already decided in their head they’re veering in the other direction. 

So I cried. A lot. In front of him. At home in bed. And driving to work the next day. It really sucks. But ultimately, I hope I become a stronger and more amazing person by doing the right thing. Just can’t see it now but hey, it’ll be okay. We’ll all be okay eventually. Sometimes it’s just harder.

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Disclosed... Didn’t Work Out & It’s Okay To Talk About

Oh, I feel that heartache, sister. Big hugs to you. Thank you so much for sharing yourself here with us. Amazing job being brave and disclosing even though it was hard. There are just as deep and deeper connections to be had and grieving is a natural part of this process, of letting go. Just remember — don't let your natural and healthy grieving turn sour into self-pity. You did good. And we're all here for you now. You will get back up and love again, I promise. 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

1 hour ago, mr_hopp said:

Oh, I feel that heartache, sister. Big hugs to you. Thank you so much for sharing yourself here with us. Amazing job being brave and disclosing even though it was hard. There are just as deep and deeper connections to be had and grieving is natural part of this process. Just don't let your natural and healthy grieving turn sour into self-pity. You did good. And we're all here for you now. You will get back up and love again, I promise. 

Thank you so much. I definitely agree that i’m worried about my sadness turning into self-pity, for sure. It’s one of my first times going through it so I already see myself slipping here and there and doing it. But thank you for also reminding me that I did good. 💜 I know I did.