• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes positive and proud!

Well hi there everybody! My name is Katie and I'm new to this forum so I figured I'd throw out a hi there and share a little bit about me. I've been living with herpes for the past year. When I found out I thought my life was over...but after some research and a few conversations with the most supportive doctors I could have ever hoped to find I quickly came to the realization that I was a healthy normal human being and the healing I needed to do was going to be emotional and my journey truly began.

This past year has been a roller coaster of emotions and I've grown and learned so much. Ill gladly share any story with anyone who wishes to know. I'm at a point now where I love myself more than ever. I've found peace of mind and herpes has not once reared it's annoying little head since my initial outbreak. I've disclosed to family and close friends and couldn't be happier about it. I've had "the talk" a couple times and had a few different reactions (one leading to the most horrible Facebook outing ever that almost destroyed all that I had worked for in terms of personal growth) I came to the realization that society as a whole makes this a bigger deal than any one person ever will.

So here I am ready to share my stories and be there for any of you and am excited to have a place to go when I'm feeling ways that no one will understand without living with herpes. You all seem like such a positive (pun intended...I have a really lame sense of humor) and supportive group of people I can't wait to get to know you all!

Positive and proud

Katie

It's really good to have such a positive force of nature as yourself along for the ride, Katie. :) Well, you've piqued my curiosity for one, and I'm sure many others. I'd love you to share your overall story as a post under the "Your herpes story" section. Would you do us the kindness? I'm on the edge of my seat! ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Here's Orngpeelmafia's story, in case you missed it:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1481/me-and-my-herp-a-derp/p1

:)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I would love to hear more too! Thanks for sharing this-I can relate to some of the things you said! I thought my life was over too, I've only learned and grown stronger from this experience, I've been on quite the roller coaster too. I still get gloomy, but I'm working on it!