• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Wow! Update on my opportunity

I haven't been on in awhile but has this forum broken out (cue bad joke). :) I'm so pleased to see this community rallying together. I believe in all of our paths and in all of us finding the right person who accepts us wholeheartedly. I've learned so much in the past months. I learned once I was passed my shame that dating is pretty normal. You feel insecure about the future of the relationship due to reasons outside of herpes. You feel fantastic about the relationship due to reasons outside of herpes. Once I got passed my herpes it was all about the same things we struggled with previous to accepting the opportunity. Yet, the opportunity itself helps with everything outside of having herpes. For instance, getting to know someone previous to becoming intimate to see if they are worthy of being inside your body. Understanding your own insecurities and not letting the fear interfere with the progression of a relationship. It's so ironic that herpes fear translates to self worth and once getting passed herpes, run of the mill relationship fears translates to self worth. That's where I am and that's where learning to transcend over my fearful self will help me discover if a relationship fits or does not. Chin up fellow H'ers there is a familiar life out there but it's the new unfamiliar life that really will help us follow the better path. Cheers, loves xx

Hey nic! Good to have you back! Yep, our heartfelt community is growing! :)

And yes, having herpes does make you much more aware of what you're putting in your body ... nutrition, thoughts you think, and yes, other *ahem* things. It's so true, though. I've seen time and time again people wake up to their life being right the eff now and that herpes is the wakeup call to truly, no-bullshit take care of ourselves on so many levels. I'm so glad to hear of your success story with your life, finding your opportunity and living it. So glad you checked back in with us. You're always welcome back to support others who need it! I need all the help I can get! ;) Big H Opp hugs!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: