• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

herpes vaccine in the horizon?

hello everyone! i've been MIA due to work related stuff (great stuff!) and the departure of a love-interest (he moved back home to FL to pursue school ambitions; he also disliked NYC very much). C'est la vie!

i came across this article published by MIT's tech review: http://www.technologyreview.com/news/428359/t-cell-vaccines-could-treat-elusive-diseases/

very interesting stuff! enjoy the read :) and much love.

Carlos

Ah, Carlos, the elusive forum swooper. (And he's off again!) Until next time, bro! Thanks for the info (and the love).

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

when i was diagnosed in the spring of 2002, my doctor told me that it (h) was a blessing and a nuisance; he went on to explain that it is easily managed with better diet and valtrex (optional) and that i should be grateful it wasn't the big (H) considering my sexual orientation and the city where i reside; he also asserted that a vaccine would be available soon: 5 years he said! (a-ha) then he asked if i smoked cigarettes; i said 'yes' and he scolded me like a Father would his own Son. I understood something at that moment, as my doctor was 100 times more upset at my smoking than at my catching HSV. he didn't tell me to stop having sex; he said "use condoms... but quit smoking NOW!"

i guess, moral of the story is, there are things out there that have the potential to kill me, really destroy me, and that a sexually contracted virus that causes no more than itch and discomfort for a few of days is preferable to the consequences of smoking tobacco products.

forgive the preaching... i also write this in order to remind myself of where my priorities should be.

I too hope the T-cell vaccine is developed sooner rather than later... but if it isn't HSV that which we are suffering about, then it will be some other thing... back acne, booty cellulite, and what not--

Yes, this is awesome that there is this possibility on the horizon, and I remember reading similar news of cures/treatments/etc. when I first got herpes about 8 years ago ... And even if this is conclusive science, then it'll take years before clinical trials allow it to be mainstream. Not to be a downer about it, but realistic. As long as I've been keeping up with herpes news, there have been hopes on the horizon, then ultimately nothing.

The point is, as exciting as this possibility is, don't let this news put your life on hold until this happens. It may happen and it may not. In the meantime, let's live our lives anyway. If it does come to be, it'll be a welcome surprise. ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

i too doubt there will be a "cure". the drug industry has its claws dug deep into this country. what i do see is a more sophisticated form of treatment: injections, long-term release meds. Look what they've done with HIV medications: they've now been able to condense several different types of HIV anti-virals into ONE pill.

sorry if posting this article was like waving candy in your eyes. Adrial makes the better case... we have to move on... we can't put our lives on hold, hoping for something outside to "fix" us. at the end of the day... what really is there to fix? we're beautiful/lovable/valuable just as we are: (h) or no (h).

keep up the good fight! ;)

Definitely Adrial makes a better and more logical case as we should keep our eyes open for better treatments in the horizon but realize that life is now and that we should live it to the fullest even if H makes it more difficult. I really appreciate this Forum and how much it helps everyone.

One thing about the drug industry that it seems to be changing is that the small research companies are definitely doing great work and this less than 40 employees outfit is holding a US trial now on phase 2 that has so much to offer in the future.

Hope is ok to post this video about GEN-003: