• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Has anyone heard of this?

Hey victoria,

I had my wisdom teeth taken out all at one time, I know it sucks. It does put stress on the body like dancer said, just make sure when you eat you keep your oral cavity clean, flush it out after every meal to avoid dry socket. That should help ease some stress on the body. I had my tonsils taken out in December, rest and hydration helped me not get an OB then. try to avoid heavy, chuncky food, makes cleaning socket harder. Hope you feel better.

I had mine all out at the same time too...and I couldn't stop crying and that was before getting H. It's really stressful on your body. Eat well, rest up and you will feel better soon. I used to wash my mouth out with warm salt water...good for healing and soothing. Hope you feel better soon. x

Yeah luckily I only had two taken out, but she said that since I have never really had surgery and since she knows that I have H, that they would only take two out at a time because they didn't want to cause me to have a bad outbreak.. I thought it was weird when they asked if I had herpes.. The dentist said it was normal.. That she has it also, but they ask that, because they don't wanna do too much oral work at once and cause a bad outbreak..

Oh god even with only having these two out I was crying like a big baby ! It honestly is not that bad, it's just not what you wanna feel during those moments... I didn't realize how much energy your body takes just to heal up one small area. I didn't realize how groggy and drained I would be just by having two teeth taken out... I don't have an OB but I have been feeling a lot of itchy and tingling down there.. and then im like.. " I am going to bed." Thanks guys... I am taking it slow, and using warm water and salt quite a bit.. The first night I ended up throwing up, because it was too much for me to take. I am a big baby ! Lololol.

Victoria,

Yes, getting your teeth pulled isn't much fun. :-( Had two of my back molars pulled couple of months ago - was scheduled for a Monday to have single bad one pulled, but Friday night I bite into something and cracked the one on the other side - rains it pours. Just do what your doc says - last thing you want or need is a dry socket.

Please take care - Ra

Wisdom teeth shouldn't cause an outbreak as long as you stay well rested and relaxed the 1st day is really worst the only thing that sucked for me was I couldn't chew for over a week cuz I was so swollen I did two at time as well this was before I got H though but you should be fine take some llysine since you can't really eat too much maybe it will prevent anything from coming out just rest!!!! Cuz you want to heel stop stressing about h worry about your teeth for now I work at a dentist office so I know how important it is to heal properly but that's going off topics lol stay come snuggle up and let the pain meds kick in that will also help with not stressing if your resting your mind and body will be too feel better

One quick post before bed!

I know your pain, Victoria - I had my wisdom teeth all taken out at once when I was 16 years old. At the time I hated going to the dentist, but they were the cause of my severe headaches because they were extremely impacted (basically they were laying *sideways* in my jaw! The x-rays were unbelievable.).

If they gave you pain meds, take them!!! Don't feel bad because it's stronger than prescription-strength Ibuprofen - trust me, it's for the better.

I had dry-socket on both sides of my lower jaw, too, so be careful and follow all the instructions about foods to avoid and the like. I know it sucks because dairy has a lot of Lysine (which I guess some say helps stave off our little viral friend?) compared to Arginine, but STAY AWAY from dairy.... One of the sockets on the bottom of my mouth took a LOT longer to heal because for whatever reason the milk I drank one time didn't flush out when I rinsed out my mouth and it was not a pretty sight. -_- Live and learn, right?

And remember: when you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!

http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!BdwGDhg!Wk~$%28KGrHqEH-C0ErephKK-4BK6Rbpc0ig~~_35.JPG (cute kitten hanging onto a rope for dear life ^_^)