• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Why trust is worth it.

Beautiful... but I think one of the big points is what he says in the end..

Who do you trust? And how do you grow it?

Trust must be earned, but at the same time, at some point you have to let go of your insecurities (and it helps to know what your triggers are!) and give over to trust.

The problem is that most of us put our trust in someone we didn't know well enough to be comfortable enough to have a really frank conversation around STD's and testing. We didn't trust ourselves and the process of getting to know someone enough to slow things down and insist on getting both people tested before we jumped into bed with them. I mean, that takes such courage to say "I really like you and I want to be intimate with you but I won't unless/until we can exchange STD tests". And 99% of us won't trust that if this is the right person for us, they will honor that...

And for casual sex, well, you HAVE to put your trust in another to be 100% honest with you and that puts you at one heck of a risk - especially if alcohol is involved. Imagine if the people at the Cirque du Soliel put their trust in someone that they just met at a bar to do those acts that they do? The huge difference is that they KNOW what their risks are for each move and they won't give their trust to someone until they prove that they are worthy of taking that person's health/life in their hands.

One thing that Herpes teaches us is how to get better at choosing WHO to trust. But once that person has created a safe place for us we need to let go of all the negative conversations in our head and honor that trust that they have earned. If those CdS acrobats hesitate for one nano-second in their trust that their partners will fail them, the odds are pretty good they will end up falling. Same for relationships. Once your partner has earned that trust, you HAVE to honor it, or in the end, you WILL fall ;)

Peace out friends :)