• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes outbreaks suck!!! Tips to make it hurt less?

I'm having a gnarly herpes outbreak right now, and it hurts so bad that it's been interfering with my work (I have to run around a lot) I took a bath with tea in it (just to try to see if there's any medicinal effects) but I want the whole shebang, anything out there that can just numb the pain away completely? Or at least just for a few hours so I can work comfortably???

4 quick suggestions:

Go Commando as much as possible - getting air to the area can help to dry it out more quickly

Reduce stress as much as possible - Herpes feeds off stress!!! It can become a good barometer for you that your body needs attention in some form or other

Look up Trigger Foods/triggers on here in the FAQ and search bar - lots of topics on them ... the main foods are chocolate and nuts but you want to learn about the Lysine/Argenine balance that can help keep Herpes under control

Epsom Salts baths can do wonders for some. Sit in the bath and dump a few handfuls of the salts right between your legs. Relax and let the salts do their thing then get out and dry off, finishing with a blow drier set on low heat to really get the area dry.

These 4 things seem to do the most help for the most people. Aloe Vera CREAM (make sure ALOE is one of the first ingredients and there isn't a bunch of other crap like petroleum and if it has glycerine, it's AFTER the Aloe in the ingredients .. go to a Health food store for your best chance of getting a good product) or Zinc cream may help during the day to keep it from sticking and help relieve the pain ..

but there are lots of other suggestions and info in the links below.

If it's still bad, ask your Dr for Lidocaine cream

You can use the search bar here and look in the FAQ section too ... lots of great info to be found that's already been discussed many times :)

I have found that if u must wear undies always go for white cotton. I'd heard it for yrs to go

that route but ignored it til I got my 1st OB and my mom bought me a brand new pack in hopes I'd feel better n I did :-) also cold wash clothes help n laying flat with ur legs spread can give u relief I've found -- try reading or playing a game on ur phone / tablet n just relax for a bit as u lay down :-) hope u feel better hun xx

Ok so I don't know if i'm just completely out of my head but...I'm nearing the end of my OB (I think!) as it's gotten much less painful and it looks all better. BUT now i'm getting tingling again down my right arm and leg...i'm also getting pain in my left hip?! I've heard about the tingling leg but arm too?? and hip? is this normal?? Help please :(

You shouldn't be getting pains in your arm as the virus is not occupying that area .. it's easy to start to notice all kinds of odd pains when you are worried and obsessing about figuring out what's going on. The hip isn't as surprising ... the affected nerves may also be supplying that area

(((HUGS)))

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I did to help that Dancer and BabyKate have suggested is to buy a little bedside fan. I have one thats battery operated and I just turned it on, placed it between my legs and watched some Netflix while it helped to dry me out. Might be something to try if your doing your relax time and going commando.