• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

FOR SCIENCE! ... Disclosing.

So i've been a bit on a disclosing/educating kick since I was diagnosed a month ago. Partly due to being scared but mostly FOR SCIENCE and experimentation i've disclosed to 10 potential suitors who have shown interest in dating me. NONE OF THEM RAN! NONE OF THEM looked at me like I had three heads! None of them treated me like anything my worst fears conjured up when I was diagnosed. NONE. In fact, HALF of them said they had dated women with HSV before and as long as they are on suppressive therapy and keep them in the know about flare ups...they were cool. 10/10 100% said it changes nothing. Some will say they don't want to take the risk, sure. But look here ladies, 100% said they don't care. YAY SCIENCE!

Go YOU!!!

I'm 100% out and I am finding I am getting much better responses from much better prospects ... I have my status on all my profiles and I get a lot who say they value my honesty. Yeah, I've had guys run in the past (the more they are into their body ... staying super fit/using product/etc, the more I find they are scared silly about anything that may "mar" it, but those guys likely wouldn't work for me anyway :p

And GO YOU for educating others! The more we educate, the weaker the stigma will be. ;)

(((HUGS)))

@WCSDancer2010 Thank you :D It's funny they are actually all EXTREMELY FIT men WITH graduate school degrees! lol I think a lot of people will initially try to "aim low" and settle because they feel there is something wrong with them for having this and they some how don't deserve better. WRONG! I think people need to realize that H is not WHO they are, and that there are MANY MANY worse/controversial/dentrimental/fatal things that they could have!

@whitedaisies hahaha it's too late for me! already in grad school breaking the big rocks into smaller rocks! Thank you :) Hahahaha!

I did this experiment a few months back (with my boyfriends blessing -just wanted to get peoples reactions regarding H) and just like you NONE of them cared that I was HSV2 positive. I wish all young woman in our situation knew that there are so many amazing men that will still want to be with them. This is really just a minor inconvenience to most. Life is beautiful & we should ALL be enjoying it!

Freaks me out when I hear this. Because I am so amazed at how accepting people are at times to this virus and it's so wonderful. And I am so proud of everyone on this site who are so brave and mature and disclose this vulnerable thing.

Yay everyone!!!!

So happy to hear positive stories and not all the fear. Makes me have hope.

Re: being a cougar - it's not for me

I said that on FB one day ... someone had suggested that I become a cougar and I said I didn't want to have to train any guy, I want one that already knows what to do. My oldest daughter (28) piped in the conversation "Yeah, that's MY job" ....LOL

Yeah - I just can't get into dating a guy my daughters could be dating :p