• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

This actually made me really angry

Okay I had a few moments to stop shaking with rage. Maybe I can add a little depth to this post. Sorry for my long stint off the boards I've been away from the web and out in the world. Herpes is such a small part of my life now I have days where I don't even think about it. The people close to me in my life know and so does every person I consider being intimate with and through numerous disclosures I haven't been rejected...I thank all of you for that by the way for all of you have offered strength and knowledge for me to take a long journey and accept myself.

This is why I'm so angry!!! This once HUGE life shattering moment in my life has now been reduced to next to nothing. I'm strong and confident and I refused to let a rash beat me and I won. Person by person I am changing the world around me...each disclosure I have doesn't always end in sex (I have learned to say no to temptation! Even in the face of eager acceptance) it has ended in a win because I have an educated talk with someone and they look at a part of the world in a new light. I started having hope that soon I would see changes due to the ripples I have been making. THEN THIS TRASH POPS UP. How dare not only a news channel but a FAMILY do this to a human being?!?! This isn't news! Okay I'm angry again and I'm gonna stop before I start throwing around profanities and saying things I haven't had time to fully process. Ugh.

I did find this on Facebook...the comments made me want to throw up. "That's herpes, shingles is different, herpes you get from having sex his mother should've taught him better." WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK. No knowledge all ignorant bullshit spewed into the world from people too lazy to care. This needs to change. I know everyday this site grows as does the community within it and with each gained member there's another person making a change but things like this make me feel like all the progress I've made has been for naught. It won't stop me nor does it hinder me...but what about the people who haven't found their acceptance? What about the kid? What about his girlfriend or friends who are now terrified for what herpes could be. What about his teammates?!?! I am furious for them.

Hopefully someone nearby will reach out to the kid and educate them :(

With luck we will be able to start some kind of campaign in the next year or two to educate - the biggest thing is getting funding going... the sooner Adrial gets the Home Study going to a point where it can at least fund this website, the sooner we can get onto the next stage.