• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Update on Dr. Date

Well, long story short: Met hot doctor dude on pof, talked on phone for about 40+ hrs over five days, got shut down when he brought up how H would be a deal breaker which led to first accidental rejection. Figured I'd be friends with him anyways and perhaps educate his ignorant ass. He's driven three times (1.5 hrs each way) to see me.

Update: Last night I had my last friendly "date-ish" with him. But not for why you think. I could tell it wasn't going to go much further so I thought what the hell and told him. His response????

Him: "Oh ya, well, I think I might have it too but orally."

Internal monologue: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Mofo you just told me weeks ago how scared you were of H and how it'd be a deal breaker!!! *ahem*

Me: "Have you ever been tested?"

Him: "No I only had outbreaks when I was younger so it's no big deal and it may not even be that but they looked like little blisters on the edge of my mouth."

Me: ".....*gasp*" ...then proceeded to give him statistics. "Buuuuuuuut would you have told me that if I hadn't told you?"

Him: "Probably not its not a big deal right?"

.........!!!!!!!!!!

THEN later on in the night we get to talking about ex's and he tells me that he wouldn't be upset if his ex wife ended up in the hospital after being beaten up by the man that she left him for....... *STUNNED* I speechlessly got up, left the table and restaurant and took my ass home.

*INSERT EXPLETIVES HERE*

I'm SO GLAD I told him and found out who he really was! Talk about saving me time! Crazy folk out there! NEXT!

@WCSDancer you got that right! H-wingman to the rescue! He's been texting me non-stop and I told him I can't see him any more. I thought I would leave dating situations because of H before I left them because of the other person! Boy was I wrong :p

To be honest, his attitude towards the Oral Herpes is pretty normal .... but his attitude towards his Ex is just plain not at all acceptable ... I don't date guys who say ugly things about their ex's because it tells me they are taking no responsibility around the break-up ... and I know *I* would be the next one to take all the blame if we didn't work out.... I have a thing about being around those who take personal responsibility for the things that happen in their lives.

NOW you can see the power you have thanks to this virus .... perhaps it's not how we would want to discover it, but its there and we can use it :)

also, He is a doctor, they are notoriously egotistical and usually rather shallow people. maybe go blue collar next time, we tend to be more accepting cause we know we aren't perfect. I tend to agree with dancer on the ex thing. I don't especially like my sons mother, there are a couple of things I have a hard time forgiving her for ( mainly making me a part time father to the worlds best kid) but I wish her nothing but the best, if she is happy and successful then my son will be in a better way. heck I even like her boyfriend.