• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

how exactly do your meds conquer your herpes outbreaks?

so my first 4 OBs combined equal this 5th OB in size. blah. thought my body was really starting to conquer this.

what do your meds do to your OBs?... shorten them? do they stop the OB from turning into a fullblown sore? im just trying to see if maybe these meds arent compatible with my body?!

Hey lasko, sorry to hear about ur frustrations!!

i take them daily as of june, so nowadays i just get a lil pinch feeling or itchy.

When i was just taking the pills epidosodically, it didnt make everything go away, just a lil less sever...

Best way to take them is when u feel prodromes. The pills will help it back yo darmancy. But once the o.b. has occured, the meds can only help shoten the time, and lessen the pain.

Valtrex is meant to only become "active" when it comes in contact with the Herpes virus.... at least, that is how I understand it. Supposedly it doesn't do much otherwise ...

You are taking them full time or episodically? If full time, then as soon as you feel an OB coming on, double up the dose. If episodically, same thing ... as soon as you know it's happening, take a dose. Once the OB is under way for a couple days it's much harder to stop/reverse.

From my understanding of the drug it is a "fake" copy of the virus that causes no symptoms to the consumer. It tricks the real virus into thinking that is has already produced enough copies of itself and prevents it from replicating to the point where you will have an outbreak.