• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sores Healed. Still feel itchy and tingling.

I just had my first outbreak about 2 weeks ago. My sores recently healed with medication and the Epsom salt bath. However, I still feel tingling and sooo itchy! I don't know if that's normal, or maybe because my pubic hairs are growing back?. I've tried Vagasil, but it only helps for a little while. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice? Thank you.

I am experiencing the same thing. My outbreak started about 2 weeks ago and the sores finally healed a few days ago, but I am still so itchy. I was scared that it meant that another round of outbreak was coming? I really hope not because I am finally feeling back to normal.

I'm in the same place! however, I visited the gyno and she said that I also had a pretty bad yeast infection (hey-o, my vag is winning the lottery this month. Can it pick some numbers for me?) so if you're having any white discharge, keep a look out.

I also, though, discovered one new lesion (papercut) yesterday and had a little breakdown. I took today off work and sat in an epsom salt bath twice so far, it really seems to be helping.

I have this feeling that herpes is like the jealous woman in your friend group that waits til you think you look pretty and says something just to take you down a peg. But fuck that bitch, we ARE going to feel normal, even if there are going to be setbacks. Remember that they will end, they will heal, and we will learn what causes them.

I'm considering starting a journal to see what helps and hurts - I tried coffee yesterday and had alcohol last night, so I'm doing a great job of doing pretty much everything to keep this outbreak going.

I have no prodrome when I drink liquor and have and have an OB. I only know it's there, because I know from experience and check the next morning.

I do however have prodrome and have no physical OB and I take that as shedding asymptomatically.

I used to have an OB on my period, but only internally, so I'd feel tenderness in my tailbone and butt Bone's and that's about it.If i have an obob outside of liquor or my period, I just might have some itching or tingling, that makes me realize I have something.

I'm so stressed out. I'm still dealing with even accepting this. And now this itchiness can last for months? How do you guys do it? I feel like I have no one to talk to, and no one to understand me. I'm scared to even tell someone. Herpes has such a negative connotation to it. I'm sorry for complaining, but I'm scared. Thank you for your feedback though. I really appreciate it.

Not seen as complaining in the least we all go through this phase in the beginning. Just make sure to jour al your sunromdrdaiky, location and possible triggers fkr ear least 6 months to learn your body.

You have all of us to speak w, so no worries. You'll get through this phase. We all feel that way when we are first diagnosed and for the most part, we all go about living our lives normally. Just be patient, this will pass

I'm so stressed out. I'm still dealing with even accepting this. And now this itchiness can last for months? How do you guys do it? I feel like I have no one to talk to, and no one to understand me. I'm scared to even tell someone. Herpes has such a negative connotation to it. I'm sorry for complaining, but I'm scared. Thank you for your feedback though. I really appreciate it.

So a little reality check for you. This is normal especially for anyone who has never had to deal with any kind of longer term illness. We are so spoiled nowadays because anything hurts/itches and we go to the Dr and get drugs and "Poof" we are better in a few days or a week.

You will live about 4000 weeks. If you are unlucky and keep having the prodromes for, say, 6 months, that's about 24 weeks out of that 4000 ... ie: a drop in the bucket. Yes, it sucks at the moment and noone would say no to them disappearing tomorrow. But in the grand scheme of our lives, this ends up being a speed bump (for some it's more like the Topes that they use to slow you down in Mexico!) in your life...

You can use Herpes to help you to figure out what puts stress on your body and puts it out of balance ... for some, it's alcohol, for some, it's certain foods, or certain behaviours ... or the relationship you are in ... Herpes is a "First Responder" to stress ... and in the end it can actually help you to develop a healthier lifestyle ... if you are open to listening to the messages it keeps sending you :)

(((HUGS)))

Im sorry but as soon as you said "or is it because my pubic hair is growing back" I would say ding ding ding we have a winner. There is NOTHING more itchy than when hair grows back in! haha do not sweat it. It is probably a mix of hair growing back and lingering symptoms. This will pass. You can survive this, I promise ;-) Keep your head up ok