• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Female outbreak locations

Hi

I was just wondering where other females have there outbreaks? My very first outbreak (almost a year ago now - how time flys!) was pretty horrible where I got them at the start of my Labia on both sides and around the opening to my vajayjay. As I've had more outbreaks I tend to only ever get one sore at a time but it seems to have spread further back to my anus and the skin inbetween both parts. Is this normal? Also because I have had outbreaks at the the very top part of my vagina where the labia starts am I more likely to pass the virus on as this can't be protected by condoms? I'm on antivirals but will that reduce the risk enough? Or should I avoid certain positions like missionary so there's no body on body or skin to skin contact there? I haven't slept with anyone yet because I'm pretty scared I'll pass it on accidently.

Thank you :)

@Danaaaaaasaur yep....totally normal! a lot of people get OB's on one or two same spots all the time and then there are people like you and me :) . the reality is, the virus lives in the nerves and the genital/anal nerve pathways are all connected so you can have an OB any place on that pathway. I have had OB's in all of those locations you mentioned and then some! the reality is, you are no more or less contagious because your OB's move....if you are shedding, you are shedding so positions won't make a difference for the most part so don't stress about that. just continue with the antivirals, condoms and avoid sex during prodome and Ob's otherwise sex is going seem like a weird game of twister :)

Mine is pretty similar to you danaaaaaasaur. Main and hopefully only spot to appear so far is the very beginning of the labia, clit area. I often wonder about transmission too since condoms don't cover. Also wonder the opposite, is this why I got it because it wasn't covered. Female condoms would cover it but personally haven't tried them. My clit is sensitive, can be irritated easily, I.e., rough sex or friction. But I am glad, knock on wood, it stays there or not my vaginia. If I know I'm gonna have sex or after sex I double up on antivirals.

Thank you so much for the responses! It really helps to know that other people get outbreaks spread out all over the place too :) I honestly have never seen a female condom..I never knew they existed until I came on this forum! Hopefully being on antivirals & using condoms will minimise the risk by a lot .. Fingers crossed anyway! :)

I have used the female condom, it does technically cover more area but to be honest, it slips and slides and can get pushed up into the vag. I didn't find it the greatest experience. Taking antivirals and condoms of any kind are the best options we have, risk is going to be present regardless so try not to focus on that which you cannot control :)

Shoot, my herpes likes to play peek a boo w me all over the place. I have had recurrent spots, but they don't alwasy break out there during a breakout. I swear to god this bastard virus it trying to get every inch of my anogenital area a breakout. It's been at the top of my crack, on my anus, it loves the bottom inside of my buttcheeks and even in in the outside crease of the cheek, top left crease (only a bump once in awhile there) and it's newest thing, is in the crease of my groin where my thigh meets my vagina, but in the front... It's been taking turns back and forth for the last two months on each side. One side clears up and I think finally I'm done and then the next day it's ike: SYYYYKKKEE!! JUST KIDDING, I'M OVER HERE NOW!! If herpes had a face, I'd f'ing punch it at this point. It plays hop scotch on my vagina and butt, I hate it.this happened when I hit my one yr mark, which is why among other symptoms I'm having, I'm going to see an endocrinologist Monday. I already have a few autoimmune diseases and I think my adrenals are having issues now and may be impacting this. Fuucckkkk youuuu herppeess! Hahahha... Sorry I just wanted on your post, but thought this would make you feel better. Oh, I always get one internal on the third day if mmy period. Not sure if this is because if the tampon or my cycle.

I found my Ob's always coincided with my cycle. That's a hormonal thing. The tampon is unlikely the culprit. I do suggest to you and all women actually.....that you use organic tampons!! The vag is already vulnerable and if you have an open sore even moreso. Cotton is one of the most highly chemically sprayed crops (coffee beans are right up there too). So the regular tampons will be exposing you to direct access, potential absorption of those chemicals. Just like bpa leaches out of water bottles into your water as it sits there.....tampons hang out in a warm cozy place for hours at a time leaning against the oh so permeable walls of your vag so the less shit in them the better! Just food for thought to add to your list :)

My OB spot is at the top of my butt crack on the inside, which is not covered by condom use. When I was first diagnosed, I asked my gyno if I just avoided contact with that spot, even with no symptoms, would I not spread it? Like is that the only spot I am shedding. She said no and it can be spread it though fluids. So no luck there! So like what fitgirl said, shedding is shedding. Doesn't seem to matter where our OB spot is!

Thing is, I've never met anyone else that gets an internal sore that they know of when on their period. I'd not know, if it weren't for me using tampons, because I cannot feel it internally. Doesn't cause me any discomfort, until I insert or remove a tampon and then I see it always leaves a discoloration in a circle on the same spot every time. It won't even hurt w the tqmpkn in, just a little sensitive w insertion and removal.

@2Legit2Quit I am in Canada.... healthfood stores and major grocery chains carry them in the natural foods section. I have a place in California also so when I am in the US, Whole Foods and Henry's carry them. The brand I like is NatraCare it's a cdn brand but you can also get them online. There are likely other brands in the US available as well I just prefer that brand for a variety of reasons.