• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone e else vitamin D deficient with H

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3308600/

I've never had a problem with being vitamin D deficient until I got my Dx with H. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. I have to get my vitamin D levels checked every so often and take 3000 iu daily. It's just odd, I never developed this prob until I got Dx'd with this dis-ease. The above site helped me understand better esp how vitamin D plays an important role to fighting/strengthening immunity.

Yes my doctor said she had noticed in all patients with H, they were vitamin D deficient and recommended I took supplements or used a sunbed. In the UK this is also helped my the fact that we never have any sunlight! I wish I'd known this before, maybe it would have reduced the tiredness I always felt.

I was also deficient when I had my bloods taken recently, but the doctor said that it would sort itself out once I got some sun (which I am now doing being in Australia). I had lived in Scotland for the last 16 months-go figure! So I am not sure it has anything to do with the HSV, rather just lack of vit D intake.

Yes, I've been Vit D deficient for years. Which is pretty much my fault since where I live it's quite sunny 90% of the time lol. However, I did start taking a vitamin supplement to try and get that right, also taking daily walks during the fall when the leaves are falling is a great time to get Vit D and a little exercise :). When I started taking my multi-vitamin I did notice a huge energy boost.