• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Scared beyond straight...

So my h story continues... I just went back to the doctor and I can't have sex until I see her again which is in December. There is a sore on my vagina wall, even after 8 days on generic Valtrex. I was originally put on 500mg once daily. It was upped to 2 grams daily now 4 grams for the next week. I told them about my bladder issue and I was tested for a uti which is negative. I'm also being tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia for the 3rd time. Then they tell me they want a test for hep c and hiv. And that scared the shit out of me.

I how that many of you (unfortunately) have walked this road before and I am scared. I only had protected sex once. My ex who I slept with without a condom had unprotected sex multiple times with some other woman multiple times without a condom. He didn't tell me that until after the fact... I'm kinda crushed right now and scared. I know hsv is insanely more common then hiv, but I'm scared.

The woman who my ex slept with said that she got a false positive on her herpes test because she had chickenpox as a child. I think that's bullshit, correct me if I'm wrong. But what scares me is if she lied about other diseases or is too stupid to realize.

Please keep him and I in your thoughts. He's shutting down and getting all angry at me and I'm a nervous wreck.

Hun, getting a full STD panel is completly normal. When I came in, I got tested for everything and came back 3 mo ths later to test again for everything. HIV is a lot harder to pass and is not that common, despite lots if fear mongering about it. I would not stress that, at all. Remember what I said, focus in today where you are presently and stop worrying about the future until you can get past this stage.

I'd want to see her test results if I was in that situation. Someone who is asymptomatic and lets a 3.5 vlaue or lower, could risk a false positive, so the values matter in certain cases and if she had a combined test and it came up positive, the dic asks if she's ever had symptoms and she says no, I could see an ignorant doctor telling her it was from chicken pox as a kid

Having been in the same situation, you have to think positively and assume everything will be ok. This is torture for people who assume the worst, it's enough to drive you crazy and trigger more symptoms which you will associate with HIV or something. Please relax, have hot baths, listen to music and don't theorise. If you're like me, you'll think it's stupid to ignore evidence, clues or whatever... but it is absolutely worth it to trick your mind into a relaxing sense of safety. On the positive side, at least you have contact with the girl you suspect passed it on, better than being in the dark.

Stress does greatly impede the body, especially with h.

Not to get into full detail but everything down there is swollen, I couldn't even pee. I have asked here and found that other's had trouble urinating, and have also read it on herpes.org. My PCP has freaked me out because she couldn't understand why I couldn't pee and had me sent for more test that I took, twice already, and have come back negative on. I had spoken to my bf's sister, who contracted h about 6/7 years ago, and told her how I felt. She freaked and said that I wasn't being treated properly and that I go to the doctor and demand a higher dose of Valtrex. I truly do have a severe primary ob because it has affected my urethra and cervix (as told to be by doctors) and I was only given 500mg daily at first. I asked them two days later to put me on 2grams per day because my bf was on that much and felt a whole lot better. Finally, after speaking to the sister about the pee problem and nerve pain did I finally push for 4 grams per day. Which has made a world of a difference!!!! I'm not 100% but I'm a lot better off then I was 3 days ago.

With that I truly feel that many doctors don't truly know all that in depth on h. I had been swabbed by both my GYN and PCP with my first sore and both said it doesn't seem to be h because it wasn't acting like h. The only one who were on the money was Planned Parenthood, I had sent my bf there to be checked, and with that I'm very glad that for the last year I have donated money monthly to them because they truly do know what is happening, even if its not acting the way it should be.... With all these forums I don't understand why researchers don't reach out to us and ask us how h affected and continues to affect us. I've learned more for this website then any other.

I have received my Gardasil shots years ago and the piece of skin that she is talking about just seems beat up and swollen. The night I was infected I had very rough make up sex and I bet that didn't make things better...

Oh I can relate to the pee problem. Not just the pain but not being able to go. I had to massage my bladder to release the pee. Last for couple days. Then when I would pee it came out in small slow flowing stream for many days later. Didn't hurt though. Try ibrophen for the swelling or apply cold pack. Which will help tremendously. First ob is the worse. Personally I thought my first ob was worse than childbirth and I had 3 kids vaginally. Unless I was on good drugs.

We want to trust doctors but they just don't have all the answers.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.