• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

All the symptoms but no pos tests, convinced I have herpes, worried I passed it to my 6 year old

Hey guys,

So for about 2 years I have had chronic pelvic pain no cause, possible endometriosis but don't know. Now for over a year I seem to have pretty much constant burning tingling itching sometimes sharp nerve pain. It comes and goes some days or weeks are worse than others. Never noticed any lesions or anything until a month ago I started itching burning and having nerve pain all over my body from.scalp to my feet. I have red bumps with white heads, red spots, skin color bumps, u name it popping up one after another in different locations come and go. Sometimes a few hours or a day or so then they disappear. My butt & back burn the most and seem to constantly have those red things just moving from one to the next pimple. For the very first time I ended up with an ulcer that pretty much covered my entire clitorus, rather painful bothersome and itchy for about 8 days then skin went back to normal. I had a blood test come back negative and I was swabbed twice negative. That ulcer was swabbed within 24 hours of it showing up when the skin was wide open. I am at a loss... clearly this is herpes.

Does anyone on here deal with h and small children? Anyone transmitted it to them? Regardless how do you cope? Are u worried about them having it? My daughter and I are super close she used to sleep in the bed with me almost every night she wears a shirt and panties and so did I. We don't sleep with our pants on, of course that stopped completely I won't dare not be fully clothed now seeing that my entire body feels infectious. Honestly, whatever I have is fine I can live with but my poor child though. She has always had very sen sit I've skin, since she's been a baby she just seems allergic to everything that touches her skin, her complaints about an itchy anus and sometimes blood in her stools nothing new we attributed that to her diet lack of fluids and doctors agreed. Last month she developed a rash on both of her hands and between her fingers now I noticed a cluster of little pimples inside of one of her butt cheeks.

I am so terrified! Any advice, kind words of support will be appreciated.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. Need some clarification first.

1. Where are these "lesions"? Genitals, buttock or all over the body?

2. Was the burning and tingling in your genitals, buttock or back if thighs?

3. How long after your symptoms, were you tested? How long after the lesions appeared were you tested by blood?

4. What type of blood test were you put in for and what were the values for both types of HSV?

5. Unless your genitals are touching your kids, which obviously should never take place, then it's impossible for you to spread your genital herpes to your kids.

6. Itchy anus and blood in the stool are from internal hemorrhoids. I had the same problem stating in middle school.

7. I have to suspect there's something else at play here. Some sort of bacteria infection w her or soenthmore going on skin related, like psoriasis fkr example.

Idk the values for the blood test either way it would show antibodies my infection has definitely occurred over a year ago no doubt. All the bumps and bright red spots have appeared mostly on my butt cheeks but I have seen them all over my face and literally everywhere. I have had them on my breast my belly my back my thighs everywhere. Now the ulcer I spoke of only occurred once and on my clitorus. It was just raw open skin. The burning and itching on my skin occurs everywhere as well and comes and goes it feels like pins and needles from nerve damage along with sunburn type sensation or icy hot sensations. .. all of which makes me think about neuralgia. I even feel it in my eyes and mouth sometimes.

But this as I said has been this way for 2 months .... before then it was just vaginal problems for over a year constant itch burn raw sensation and sometimes sharp pain ... vulvodynia pretty much all year long.

Yes I have hemorrhoids so I am sure that is what she has as well. My concern with her would have been if she came in contact with my butt cheeks or thighs during sleep which is totally likely since we used to sleep so close together ... not my genitals never that.

Btw no signs of bacteria or yeast anytime they tested my vagina ... all other std s come back negative as well. The doctor who looked at that ulcer that covered my clitorus is convinced it isn't h but that doesn't mean anything I know. It's that same area that was swabbed twice with negative results. I also have knee pain and swelling which I have had for at least 5 years, the chronic pelvic pain is continuous as well ... so idk if all these things are related and are actually part of an autoimmune disease or something bigger. Or it is indeed h and just haven't tested positive yet.

Btw... I have stage four endometriosis and it doesn't cause burning nerve pain. It's more like debilitating cramps, w sharp pain inside vagina, abdomen and even inside the rectum, depending on location. Sex, movements randomly or even bowel movements will send you in excruciating pain. None of my H symptoms, are no where close to being similar to my endo.

Genital herpes doesn't break out all over the body like that. You'd have to be born w herpes, passed through vaginal birth, to have something like that and they would have known when you were a baby.

Also, you didn't answer my question in regards to time of symptoms and when you actually took the test. You can call the doctor office and ask about your blood test values and kind of test. That will tell me a lot, along w when you actually took the test, from upon possible infection.

Neuralgia doesn't cause rashws in the skin,only nerve pain. You need to go see a rheumatologist asap. I think something possibly autoimmune related coukd be your culprit.

Nope, cuddling is fine. Needs friction upon mucosal skin or breaks in the skin, w lots of rubbing.

I mean bacterial as in somethlike impetigo. Something along those lines. .

What do you mean you feel it in your eyes and mouth? Of you tested for H 4-6 months bu blood, upon vaginal symotons and it was negative, then it's not H.

I didn't mean that my sympoms are related to endo I've had endo longer at least diagnosis wise and that's with the constant cramping exactly what you describe including painful bowel movements. I just brought it up bc it's actually related to other syndromes that affect the vagina.

Sorry for the confusion I obviously have a ton of symptoms lol.

I had the blood test done last month, my symptoms have been ongoing since 2014. So yeah definitely within that 4-6 month window of symptoms , I just figured it could be a false negative. will ask for the exact numbers and the type of test next week.

I meant the neuralgia like symptoms I have even felt them in the mouth and eyes I.e. burning/nerve pain.

I am going to make an exhaustive list of ALL of my symptoms from joint to skin to neurological and take it to my doc next week requesting a referral. Will update you then btw thanks for taking the time to talk to me. And I didn't realize it would have to be more than simple skin contact for transmission to another person. That helps too.

Yeah hun.. Something else is going on w you. This is not herpes, this sounds autoimmune related. If you're not on birth control for your endo, I recommend getting on it asap or you could end up like me w two surgery's under their belt, less than two yrs apart and I had a serious surgery last time, when away on business. My endo caused internal bleeding and my ovaries were the size if softballs. It was a five hr surgery and I lost my right ovary.

Yes, please do keep me updated. I know all too well what it's like to have crazy symptoms. Women who are endometriosis, are 3xs more likely to have autoimmune diseases. I have Sjogrens, endometriosis, hypothyroidism and Cushing's. Seeing a rheumatologist or an endocrinologist is best.

I agree w the others and that's just off reading this tiny description, w minimal detail.

Requires a medical diagnosis

Symptoms include mouth and genital sores, inflamed eyes, and rashes.

People may experience:

Pain areas: in the eyes or joints

Skin: rashes that look like acne or red and tender lumps

Visual: blurred vision or sensitivity to light

Also common: mouth ulcer, genital ulcer, or eye redness

My first thought reading this was Behcets as well .... and I'd love it if you let us know what they turn up

I agree, doesn't sound like Herpes... AND ... if it was, (just to put your mind to rest) I've had H 35+ yrs, 2 daughters, one born vaginally. Never passed it to them. Had it in the 80's before we have the info we have... shared towels, slept with them, played with bathing suits on (so they would have been near my genitals if they sat on my lap). And I have BOTH ... never passed them HSV1 either. Herpes isn't THAT easy to pass on... otherwise EVERYONE would have it :)

See that's exactly my concern with her as well ... slept in same bed swimming pool sat on my lap in swimsuits at the beach we are extremely close shared towels as well not frequently but it has happened. The reason too why I suspected herpes is because it's constant itching burning in the genitals with no trace of any bacteria or yeast. Also, I did hear about some people who have her herpedic neuralgia... so nerve pain is a complete possibility as the result of the virus aggravating the nerves.

Well my daughter is going to the doctor tomorrow both hands are covered by a rash and her whole body seems to itch. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and I'm giving him a list of my symptoms and addressing a referral since both blood and cultures are negative. I will definitely keep you all posted. I'm really appreciating the support and feedback ... it helps to hear from a mom too!!!

If you are having a negative blood test, ITS NOT HERPES.... and I don't know what's going on for you and your daughter, but you can put that to rest. And again, Herpes doesn't pass THAT easily or we would ALL be covered in it :)

FYI Swimming Pools have Chlorine in them so that it kills all the bacteria and viruses that EVERYONE carries into them.... :)

Again, as a FYI... so you can allow your daughter to be a kid:

http://supporttruthanddialog.com/toilets-towels-and-touching-oh-my/

Nope, you're in the water w chlorine, which kills any virus if present. I'll reiterate what Dancer said, if it were that easy to get genital herpes and so easily spread, we'd all have it. In fact, it is even extremely rare for a baby to catch it through delivery. I have 5 friends w 10 kids in total, who have all delivered thwir babies vaginally and had genital herpes. So something to ask yourself, why would these people who have symptomatic H be able give birth through the vagina and not pass H to their kids, but you have never tested positive for H, your symptoms aren't even H, H can't do what you're saying is happening to both of you and you're concerned about passing it? Do you see now, that you're stressing yourself over nothing and searching to find a reason for what's going on? I know how stressful it is to have something going on physically and not knkw what it is, especially when your kid is invovled. I know, because I've had many health issues all my life. But there no reason to think this is herpes. You're just scared right now and rightfully so .. The unknown tends to have that effect on people. There very well could be a toxic mold in your place and what's causing you guys symptoms. You never know. Just relax, take a deep breath and have faith that they'll find out what's going on.

I certainly have faith that they will find it. I NEVER considered herpes until I ran into several stories about false negatives... neuralgia from the virus and some stories about it being passed to kids however I do agree that in those cases it was most likely through birth not contact later in life. I will keep u guys updated and I'm thankful for the reassurance.

You don't get false negatives with the blood test as long as you have had the virus 4-6 months... now swabs, that's a different thing. If the lesion isn't fresh, you won't get enough virus to culture.

Be careful about where you are getting your information.... Dr Google is a Quack and his Snake Oil isn't worth the bottle it comes in...LOL

The lesion was brand new when I got it swabbed, it was a large ulcer that was swabbed the next morning. Extremely itchy and painful, I developed more after that and it took 9 days to go away. That swab was negative as well.

The information I have gotten is either from reputable literature or accounts of others on forums like these. I know there is a lot of bull on Google and I wouldn't rely on bs sources for anything.

Update as far as my daughter goes, she has moluscus contagious on her hands that she spread worse from scratching. It's a viral skin infection very contagious when scratched, can spread through towels, contact etc. The rest of her rashes they attribute to sensitive skin allergies and weather. She is having an allergy test done at the end of the month. As far as the itchy bumps around her butt no clear answer... keeping an eye on her and dermatologist visit if it continues. But again every reputable source confirms that through skin to skin contact h can be spread, that's also why some people spread it to other body parts especially their fingers.

I am having an outbreak of some sort on my butt cheeks painful and itchy with nerve pain :( ... waiting on an igg blood test to come back tomorrow. Just being patient and positive for either diagnosis/results.

Will be back with updates ....