• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Weird way for transmission?

I'm in Canada but I will get blood work done and I will get it swabbed the next time in the beginning cause it's so painful I can't drive right now, I have to try to learn how to function for work tomorrow There's just so many back injury or leg injury you can fake ( it's not the talk that bothers me the most, I don't hate myself, I've done nothing wrong, but it's the pain :( )

When I say pain I mean from the lesions, although I do t think it's Behcets, I'm not ruling it out, I didn't know this existed. Thank you! So my next step is I'm going to go do blood work and if there's nothing there, then I will ask about Behcets cause from what I read you have to rule out everything else. You are very nice talking to me. And trying to help me.

@Bea123

Just getting back on here. Honey, first of all I would NEVER judge someone no matter what they come on here for. Believe me, I've dealt with every life story you can think of on here. What I AM here for is making sure people are properly educated and supported. My *suggestion* that you *might* have been inappropriately touched was the only explanation I could think of for why you would have Herpes at 12 ... because, as we have all explained, there's no way you could get it from the toilet seat. Period. And we don't want people to read that post and start freaking out that they might give it to their kids via the toilet seat or whatever (because things can snowball REALLY fast with misinformation).

So from what you are saying, you have NOT had a proper diagnosis.... because without a swab or blood test, a visual diagnosis is NOT a diagnosis. AND that Dr needs to have his license yanked for putting that info into your head because you have lived all this time believing you have Herpes when it *sounds* like something else completely different is going on. Especially as it sounds like the anti-virals really are not helping you.

Definitely get that blood test. Now, *if* you come back HSV1+, odds are you have that orally and it's still not a diagnosis of genital herpes.... if that's the case you really need to just get a swab done on the next OB to get a proper diagnosis.

I wonder if you have some kind of uber-sensitivity to certain materials or soaps... have you tried going commando with skirts and see if that helps it to clear?

Behcets is also another option.... certainly worth looking into.

Make sure you go to a Gynecologist, and NOT a GP/PCP?Family Dr for these tests and such because the non-Gyn Dr's usually have NO freakin clue about Herpes and often spread incorrect info like you got. Believe me, if folks ever hear I'm in jail, it will be for going postal on some idiot Dr that put incorrect info into someone's head like yours did.... SMDH ...

(((HUGS)))

Yes, I had 3 different outbreaks swabbed and they all came back negative. The third time was done within the first 24 hours of the start of the outbreak. I was told by the doctor following the third swab that 30% of cases will not test positive. This was recently confirmed by Terri Warren at Westover Heights. I finally got confirmation in October 2014 that I have HSV2 with an IgG blood test.