• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My heart hurts...

So you know that point in a relationship when you finally feel secure and all is going well but then you see the aloofness in his eyes, the

disinterest in your convo, and he nit picks you out of nowhere for no reason? Yeah my rare night out ended in tears because we are to

that point already. This October would be our 2 year anniversary, and we've been engaged since Christmas. I haven't had to deal with dealing with H by myself, but now it's looking like I'm going to. And I just turned 40, yet another strike against me. Much love to those going thru it alone..

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. Could you be misreading the situation? Maybe he is just having an off day? Distracted by something?

If by some chance things do fall apart, you know that you can do this. You'll grieve, grow, and recover. It's just life sometimes. It's not easy, but we go on.

Tomorrow is another day. Things may look differently then.

Much love to you also.

Take a deep breath, release all those negative thoughts. Maybe you over thinking. Or Sometimes these thoughts and feelings are our inner self telling us something isn't just right. Gut always knows. Unfortunately The heart doesn't always agree. If this is the case, it is for the best. Just won't see it right now. Could it be inner doubt?

Another thing, men Need time to regroup so they pull away, retreating back into the man cave. Most of the time they don't even realizing what they are doing. Giving him space shows respect and builds the relationship. He will submerge when ready. Could be he needs a break from wedding plans and talk.

Just be patient and confident.

Mine's hurting too but for different reasons. I remember what it was like when my ex and I were living together (he's not the guy that gave me herpes), and he we became more like roommates then lovers. Maybe, sadly, your intuition is right but it would be better than spending the rest of your life like that.

At least you got a ring :(. I cant imagine someone that doesn't fully love you getting a ring..

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Things are better for now. It's like the next day he was back to his old self, which bothers me. Because of course I didn't forget about it that easily. We talked it out and things are ok but I'm still proceeding with caution. Thanks again and hugs to you all!

Sounds like you are overthinking things.

Maybe he had a bad day at work. Maybe a friend was diagnosed with something scary. Maybe he was just tired and needed to reflect inwards. Maybe he just had a day of being scared of his vulnerability and the thought of marriage ( it IS pretty scary sometimes! LOL).

AND

It almost sounds like you have been waiting for this to happen, and when it did you saw that as proof that things will always head south... that maybe you don't feel you "deserve" this man, whatever. Be careful friend. Because if you jump on him every time he has a "cave man moment" where he needs to pull back and isn't all gooey and lovey-dovey, you will create the reality you fear.

Have a look at this video... and maybe you will understand what just happened a little more. :)

If that one speaks to you the whole seminar is here:)