• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

False Positive Test Results?? Maybe?

Dr just recently told me I have herpes! I called the Dr office and asked them to send

Me a copy of my test results for my records! My HSV 1 IgG is 23.90 which is high Im

Certain I have HSV 1 My HSV 2 IgG is 1.83. It states on the test. "The performance Characterisics

Of this product have not been established and Moreless I should be tested at a later date

It also states Equivocal may suggest early infection restest at a later date

My HSV 1 IgM Anitbodies say < 1:10

HSV 2 IgM Anitbodies say < 1:10

What is your opinion?

I would say you definitely have 1. The numbers for 2 are in the range for a possible false positive. A western blot test could clarify it for you. You can get one through the Westover Heights clinic. They do phone consults and can order the test for you. It will cost a few bucks but you'll get a definite answer.

If you've never had symptoms down below and test under 3.5, it's a high chance for a false positive. I wouldn't waste your time on the western blot, as those haven't been conclusive for some looking for answers. There is a new one coming out in a couple months that will be available for purchase online and surpasses the sensitivity of current blood tests available. Rational Vaccines will have it available in a couple months online. I would just wait on that.

I agree with 2legit2quit on the HSV2 test, I wouldn't worry about that one at the moment. You do realize with HSV1 you could have it either orally or genitally right? Unless you already know you have cold sores?

Sorry if I'm being redundant, I just wanted to make sure you got that the HSV1 being positive is still something that needs to be addressed.

Why did you get tested? Have you had symptoms?

IgM is a useless test so those numbers mean nothing.

Without symptoms, it's possible you have a false positive. I'd redo the IgG in 3 months.... then Western Blot.

I *personally* haven't seen anything to tell me that the Rational Vaccine test is passed by the FDA and ready for release,,,, so right now my advice is retest IgG and if it's inconclusive and you have no symptoms, try Western Blot

I was with a man for a year and a half. His "bitter" ex (as he put it) tried to message me and show

Me his pic on a herpes dating site. He told me she set him up and it was not true! He swore to me he didnt have anything. After we broke up (6 months later) her and I started talking and she resent me the message he deleted! I went to be tested for that reason, he has since then married a gal (6 months after our break up) Its been exactly 2 years since we first started dating. Ive never had a cold sore or any type of break out that Im aware of, the way people talk I would KNOW it that it can be very painful! I just wanted opinions of the false positive since I have been reading up on this subject now. Maybe I am in the denial stage but if that is true about the 3.5 I just wondered if it might be a false postive. How much are we talking about the online testing also? 50.00? or 250.00? Or higher?

@Shetalkstoangels

You won't necessarily "know" - 80% of carriers are asymptomatic OR have symptoms that they don't recognize as being Herpes (ie, they think it's razor burn, rough sex, etc.)

Under 3.5 with no symptoms has a 40% chance of being false positive.

Western Blot runs about $250 I believe

,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678 ... they can order the test for you through Quest Labs. It costs $5/minute for a consult … cheap IMO for clarity and/or peace of mind.

But first I'd restest the IgG esp if your insurance will pay for it

So right now I'd question the HSV2 results... and it's VERY possible to live with someone for years with HSV2 and never get it from them... I have a client who had her first OB after 30 yrs of marriage and her hubby hasn't got it from her. :)

I agree with ihaveittoo and Dancer....I've been over to the westoverheights website and it has been helpful....the western blot will give you the definite answers you need and sometimes it worth doing, just for the piece of mind.

Good luck!