• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ladies! I've got a question for you.

Hello girls!

I figured this would be more of an appropriate question for women.

I've mentioned in a previous post I have HSV1 genital. Had my first outbreak memorial weekend so earlier this month. My doctor first had said it was not H and said it was a staph infection and later confirmed it was H based on the swab culture. My OB was on the side of the labia. Nothing anywhere else. Never got any burning when urinating or other symptoms they say you would experience when you are about to experience the first OB.

Anyways with that said after the first OB is it normal for the area that got affected to remain sensitive for a few weeks?

Reason why I am asking is because when I shave my skin gets like a razor cut/burn. I know it's not another OB because it's not there before I shave. It goes away by the next day. So now I'm thinking its best not to shave. Or wait it out a few weeks.

What do you all think? I welcome all opinions! Thank you all lovely ladies!

@roxoo8820

Hello and Welcome!

The quick answer is yes ... the skin can remain sensitive and the area can get irritated by shaving for awhile...some people can go right back to shaving and some can't when they first get H. Usually the area settles down after awhile but that can still be months in some cases. Try Epsom Salts baths to soothe the area and dry anything that's hanging around up.... and if it continues maybe consider just clipping short for a month or two to allow the area to settle down.

Thank you!

I figured it was just still a bit sensitive. The razor cut/burn healed over night but I did notice that when I shave it is very sensitive.

I'll definitely try the Epsom salt baths. I wouldn't mind relaxing in the bathtub with some wine :)

I don't think a doctor would mistake the two but it's possible that someone like us can. I do think that anything weird that happens in that area gets blamed on H. As for why you break out in your butt crack, sometimes the virus settles in odd areas. I have a friend that gets outbreaks on her butt cheek. Never in her vaginal/anal area. But if that is the area you have your outbreaks in, odds are they will always appear there.