• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Severe leg pain

Hi.  I am in the throes of my first HSV2 outbreak and started with the pain in pelvic area, and has since traveled down both of my legs. Feels like electric shocks down each of my legs, mainly my right leg.  It's been almost a week of this crippling pain. Now it is more localized to my lower calves and feet. I asked my gynecologist and he said this was not a symptom of hsv2, but I've read online that others have experienced this. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Thanks in advance!

Hello there,

I just actually posted a thread about this, I was experiencing excruciating pain in my left leg. I was told it happens to a lot of people during an outbreak. Just take it easy rest as much as you can! I noticed for me it was almost easier to keep moving then to sit still for a while.!

Best of luck! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the feedback! I've been resting and taking Advil, and hot baths seem to help.  How long did this last for you? Or still going on? It's been almost a week now, I'm worried this is going to happen every time.  It is so that I can barely walk!

• Like 1

Your welcome! It started on Monday for me, it’s not as bad as it was. For me each outbreak is different, some are very rough, some go away in a matter of days it just all depends on learning the signs & catching it so you can take the antivirals before it gets bad. 

• Thanks 1

Totally feel your ‘pain’  😞

As soon as I start to feel anything that resembles an outbreak I stop eating sugar entirely.(actually I try to eat none because for me an OB isn’t worth some M&Ms) Umm I’m not sure if it’s science but I think the virus seems to use that fuel most efficiently. So I stop all sugar, take a probiotic (since 80% of you immune system is in your gut and that IS science), take vit D which helps your body differentiate betweeen the good guys and the bad and not overreact. I think a lot of the nerve type pain is really your body fighting hard back with disregard to what it’s killing.

Most of the time that will stop the pain in one day. And you can sometimes prevent it if you can catch earlier sumptoms before you get to the ‘OMG the virus is moving up and down my nerves until they are raw’ stage. For me that’s often craving sugar- or feeling like I might have a UTI coming on- so watch for that. 

I’ve had success (going from 12 to 1 OB per year) with taking gigartina red algae as immune support close to daily. I’m not a big fan of the big pharma anti-virals. You can also grab some oregano oil- or olive leaf. Oregano oil is an antimicrobial and the olive leaf interrupts the virus multiplication which in turn eases the resulting outbreak.  I don’t use either of those daily though- just as needed. 

Carmen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @MaryM ,

I am currently experiencing the same symptoms you have mention. I was diagnosed 4 years ago with GHSV-1. Right below my left knee, I have extreme hypersensitivity to clothes or when the sheets on my bed touch it. I was thinking its some type of neuropathy but wanted to see if my H could be causing it which lead me to your post. This pain described is what is called allodynia. I'm not a medical professional, but I am studying to be an occupational therapist and I learned about this term when learning about fibromyalgia. I am waiting to see the doctor just in case this pain will subside on its own, glad to know that yours have subsided. I'm hoping its the H causing it if so I can see this as a symptom that come and go, if not I would need to find out what is causing it.

Thank you for your insight.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Faith8  I'm about 8 months out and I have never tested positive for HSV2, yet still have strange aches, pains and nerve issues....mostly all on my right side.  My right jaw (near my ear) is sometimes incredibly painful.  The swelling makes my teeth misalign.  My right wrist is also very sore and swollen.  My right pinky swole up like I broke it and has never returned to normal and I'm 2 months out.  The nerve twitching continues to persist in my legs.  All this comes and goes....each ailment usually last a few days to a few weeks, subsides and then comes back again.  Very unpredictable.  I wish I had better news for you. 

@beckham sorry to hear and thanks for replying.

It’s been 4 months with the nerve sensations and it just seems to be getting worse.. I was prescribed amitripryline but I’m afraid it’s just going to mask the pain, so then how will I know if/when I am getting a profrome?! Ugh. 

• 1 month later...