• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just diagnosed

So I just found out I have herpes and I am devasted. I looked up the virus and found out that it is pretty common and also very stigmatized. I'm struggling with my diagnosis. I feel dirty. I can't even fathom what my future look like romantically. I forsee a lot of rejection. I told my most recent partner and he hasn't spoken to me since. I have a good friend who is also HSV+ and she's been carrying me through this. Since her diagnosis she has even had another baby. I'm struggling to accept what it is and not feel ugly about myself. I already suffered with self esteem issues and this is just another blow. I'm trying to push through. I have read a lot of info and know that this does not have to be the end of my life romantically. I just can't get that negative voice to stop. I know I have to work on loving me so that I can get past this low and realize that it doesn't have to make me. 

• Sad 1

Well I’m sorry this happened to you. It’s definitely really hard to accept and not feel the way you do. I hated myself so much for not protecting myself or questioning my partner.. I relive it almost every. I just want u to know it does get better. I decided to go to therapy and educate myself about this virus. I’m sadden that I’m stuck with this for the rest of my life. Just know u are still beautiful.. that hasn’t changed. This virus don’t define who U are. U need to realize there more to u then this virus. Try to learn to love yourself . Learn about this and stay healthy and be more aware. There are so many people that have this virus and don’t know it or do know it. You are not alone. Take care of yourself and know u got support here.

I think so but I know that it's hard to pinpoint if this was a new infection or if it had been dormant. I didn't have an OB as described in the threads. I had one pimple that I thought was a scratch. I do believe it was him though. 

Hi Newme

Sorry that you feel so devastated.

You are not dirty for having this virus, just unlucky like so many others before you.

With time you will start to feel better, what you are feeling right now is very normal.

I guarantee you still have a beautiful romantic future.

Keep your chin held high, good luck & be strong 🙂

• Like 1