• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What does this look like to you??

They’re very small, and on my thigh. They’re not raised, just flat red spots. They seem to come and go, within a day or so, but they make me wonder what they are... they may look redder, as well, as I took the picture with flash to make sure they were visible. I know I’ve been paying attention to every single bump and spot down there, so maybe this is normal, follicle related or something, and I’m just being over observant, but I figure I’d ask for opinions. Hoping they disappear again tomorrow, but if they don’t, I will go in and have them looked at. Still unsure of my status, blood work and swabs have all been negative, 6 weeks now, post exposure. 

Sorry to always ask opinions over every single little thing, I’m just very scared and worried. It helps me to post here, and converse with others, whom can relate. 

Appreciate any replies!

77D466B2-CE8C-4722-99FB-3EC93D1272B4.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Jenn88 said:

That doesn’t look like H to me at all.... have I had blood work or swabs? 

These haven’t because they go so quick and never do anything but be red little spots, almost like freckles. I’ve had a couple things swabbed, but they all came back negative, and my last set of labs were done at 4 weeks, so while negative, there hasn’t been much time. I do seem to have nerve pain constantly in my thigh area, not sure if it’s actually related, or all in my head though. 

Blood test says I have Hsv1 igg was 1.5 two years after my last sexual encounter. I always asked to be tested for everything not knowing like the rest of the population that HSV was not included in that so there’s honestly no way of knowing if I had it before that. I never had any symptoms before the blood tests but after it anything that I thought could possibly be HSV I had swabbed and every single one of them came back negative so I’m completely confused as to what is a breakout or not. 

I’m pretty sure my doctors think I’m completely nuts because I come in a lot to have any possible thing swabbed and again it all comes back negative and I normally go like the same day I noticed something.

2 minutes ago, Confused9 said:

Blood test says I have Hsv1 igg was 1.5 two years after my last sexual encounter. I always asked to be tested for everything not knowing like the rest of the population that HSV was not included in that so there’s honestly no way of knowing if I had it before that. I never had any symptoms before the blood tests but after it anything that I thought could possibly be HSV I had swabbed and every single one of them came back negative so I’m completely confused as to what is a breakout or not. 

I’m pretty sure my doctors think I’m completely nuts because I come in a lot to have any possible thing swabbed and again it all comes back negative and I normally go like the same day I noticed something.

I’ve been living the same life’s. I’ve been to my doctors probably once a week for the last 6 weeks. Trying to refrain from going in for another two weeks, and test lab work at 8 weeks. Part of me wants to go today to get one at 6 weeks... so hard to not go in and get tested again. I feel like it’s a waiting game until my lab work turns positive for hsv2. 

My break out actuallly looks similar to that but it’s more pink than red for me. They don’t hurt and aren’t raised at all but do itch occasionally. I have HSV1 and have a feeling that maybe that’s how HSV1 can present in some? My gyno was 100% sure I didn’t have herpes and then she tested me and I came back positive. Though she did a Pap smear for testing and did not test the actual sore (because like you, I don’t truly have a sore but just weird pink circles that don’t cluster)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 8:02 PM, herpnerve said:

My break out actuallly looks similar to that but it’s more pink than red for me. They don’t hurt and aren’t raised at all but do itch occasionally. I have HSV1 and have a feeling that maybe that’s how HSV1 can present in some? My gyno was 100% sure I didn’t have herpes and then she tested me and I came back positive. Though she did a Pap smear for testing and did not test the actual sore (because like you, I don’t truly have a sore but just weird pink circles that don’t cluster)

That's how mine present, they're more pink than red, and always disappear really quick and then show up randomly somewhere else like the other thigh or something. I've had HSV1 since I was young, I have only ever had two cold sores, on my lip, that I didn't even realize were cold sores until I looked back and really thought about it. So I don't think this would be GHSV1 related for me, although I know it's possible. My gyro and PA at my doctors office don't think I have hsv2, I tested at 7.5 weeks and it was still negative, at 0.06 value, but I'm not convinced and know it can change with a few more weeks. Although both my OBGYN and my PA have told me to move on with the negative result at 7.5 weeks. They say it's been long enough and it would at least start to elevate by now, that I need to move on and conclude I'm negative... I'll be going in next week to get tested again, lol. I love them, trust them, but google is google haha. 12-16 weeks is what the interwebz say, so I'll continue going crazy until then. 

21 minutes ago, MissGuided said:

That's how mine present, they're more pink than red, and always disappear really quick and then show up randomly somewhere else like the other thigh or something. I've had HSV1 since I was young, I have only ever had two cold sores, on my lip, that I didn't even realize were cold sores until I looked back and really thought about it. So I don't think this would be GHSV1 related for me, although I know it's possible. My gyro and PA at my doctors office don't think I have hsv2, I tested at 7.5 weeks and it was still negative, at 0.06 value, but I'm not convinced and know it can change with a few more weeks. Although both my OBGYN and my PA have told me to move on with the negative result at 7.5 weeks. They say it's been long enough and it would at least start to elevate by now, that I need to move on and conclude I'm negative... I'll be going in next week to get tested again, lol. I love them, trust them, but google is google haha. 12-16 weeks is what the interwebz say, so I'll continue going crazy until then. 

Do you test positive for HSV 1?

1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

Do you test positive for HSV 1?

I do. That's how I found out when I was 19. I had no clue I had it, but had blood work done to be safe because I never had before, and there it was. I didn't get a cold sore on my lip until high stress 12 years later... I've only ever had 2 that I can recall, and they weren't even really blisters, more like a hive that on the corner of my lip that got crusty for what I thought was because I was picking at it. 

The corners of my lips get dry and irritated (red colored). I'm not sure I know what the hives look like you are describing. Do you have links to photos that look similar?

I still have not tested positive, but I've scoured this forum and others, and found I have so many similar symptoms to those that have HSV. This all started after unprotected sex. I don't understand what else could cause herpes-like symptoms.

Did your red spots start appearing after you had unprotected sex?

5 hours ago, blurneworder said:

The corners of my lips get dry and irritated (red colored). I'm not sure I know what the hives look like you are describing. Do you have links to photos that look similar?

I still have not tested positive, but I've scoured this forum and others, and found I have so many similar symptoms to those that have HSV. This all started after unprotected sex. I don't understand what else could cause herpes-like symptoms.

Did your red spots start appearing after you had unprotected sex?

I’ve read some of your posts... my question is, does the person you had  unprotected sex have hsv? 

They weren’t sure if they did. They tested negative through blood, but I broke out in red, itchy bumps in my groin soon after we had sex.

I asked what her symptoms were and she said pimples on her vagina, which I later learned were symptoms that some people get when they have herpes.

I now get pimples in my groin in the same spots often, and that never used to happen until after unprotected sex.

She had the bumps after sex, too, but was given fungal and bacterial cream to fix the problem. She said she’s been fine since, but I’ve been having mystery symptoms in my groin, penis, anus, eyes. lips, and nerve since the sex.