• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex as a trigger for a herpes outbreak?

Does anyone else experience sex as a trigger for an outbreak? Does it happen every time?

Is it an outbreak? Or just sore/achey from rough sex... every little thing I feel that is “off,” I assume it’s H related. Mentally and physically exhausted of this life already. 

Silly question, but if two people are infected with, let’s say hsv2, can having sex with each other cause each other to have an outbreak? Does that indicate that one may be shedding? Hope that makes sense. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. 

10 hours ago, My_dog_is_hungry said:

If you both have hsv your not giving it to each other again.

The friction from sex can cause an outbreak.

Is there something extra u can do to avoid the outbreak? Like does lube help? It scares me to think it can happen, like it’s not going to be enjoyable because of constant worry of an outbreak. 

Just wanted to mention: there is a hypoallergenic version of Astroglide (I just looked at the one I have and it's called "Ultra Gentle Gel"). I highly recommend this lube because it lasts a long time (you don't have to keep reapplying) and it doesn't cause any irritation.

I used to feel like I was going to get an outbreak most of the time after sex (I never did, and I'm not sure if it was anxiety related or just irritation down there), but once we found the right lube, I never feel any irritation down there after sex. 

If one lube doesn't work for you, keep trying others - they don't all work the same, and it might take a few tries to find one that has the right chemistry with your body.

• Thanks 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Sex as a trigger for a herpes outbreak?